Millennium Tower Boston
426 Washington Street
In a city whose real estate market has been dominated by increasingly luxurious condo skyscrapers over the last few years, standing out is no easy feat. Long before construction even started on it, however, Millennium Tower was generating all kinds of buzz among condo buyers and investors alike. In the less than 12 months since it has officially been open, this development has garnered unheard-of amounts of press coverage, and the vast majority of its residences were under contract as far back as mid-2015. If you are interested in owning an ultra-luxe condo in this landmark tower, Boston City Properties is here to help.
To claim a gorgeous luxury condo in this skyscraper, you’ll need deep pockets. Even in a less equipped building, condos like these would command top dollar thanks to their impeccable designs. As a resident of Millennium Tower, however, you will also enjoy some of the best amenities and services in the city, including a private two-story club, around-the-clock concierge services and much more. Whether you are looking to buy a condo here to live in or would like to invest in one, it helps to know as much about the property and its offerings as possible. Boston City Properties is here to bring you up to speed, so read on to learn more.
Millennium Tower is the third-tallest building in Boston. With 60 stories and standing 684 feet, it also happens to be the tallest residential tower downtown, so it offers the best views out of all of the available offerings. Located in Downtown Crossing on the site of Filene’s former flagship department store, the tower includes 442 luxury condo residences, thousands of square feet of Class A office space and more than 250,000 square feet of retail space, including a high-end grocery store.
An ultra-luxury condo tower, this development is a standout in countless ways. Situated at 1 Franklin Street, it quickly became the most in-demand luxury condo address in the city as soon as plans for its construction were approved. Thanks to its soaring height, condos on higher floors offer truly amazing views of the Charles River, Boston Garden, Boston Harbor, the Back Bay skyline and the Atlantic. These units are also jam-packed with floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing residents to make the most of those views. Needless to say, condos in this building fetch some of the highest prices in the city—and they present excellent investment opportunities.
The redevelopment of the former Filene’s site didn’t start out well. Initial plans, which were expected to cost in the ballpark of $700 million, fell through. After the dust settled, new plans were made and presented to Boston development authorities in 2012. Groundbreaking occurred on September 17, 2013, with Mayor Thomas Menino in attendance. The tower made the news early on when its foundation was poured in April 2014. With more than 6,000 cubic yards of concrete poured by more than 600 trucks, it was the largest “pour” in the history of Boston. Just a few months later, in mid-October 2014, the sales office officially opened to the public. Less than a year later, more than 90-percent of the residences in the building had been sold.
To say that Millennium Tower offers a nice array of amenities and services is a bit of an understatement. You would be hard-pressed to find another luxury development in Boston that comes close to matching what this property has to offer. A few of the highlights include the following:
- Two-level club – Without question, the crown jewel of the many impressive services and amenities that are offered in this development is the two-story private club that is reserved strictly for the enjoyment of residents. Offering more than 23,000 square feet of space, the club includes a parlor, a library, a restaurant and a private bar. It is staffed by a full-time club concierge who is available from early in the morning until fairly late at night—and that is in addition to the 24/7 concierge services that are already offered by the property.
- One of the most notable aspects of the club, which is already noteworthy in so many ways, is its on-site fitness center. Incredibly, it holds the distinction of being the largest resident-only fitness center in Boston. The fitness center itself sprawls over more than 10,000 square feet, and it is fitted out with state-of-the-art cardio and strength-training equipment. The space also includes a Pilates studio and an open area that is reserved for group classes, which occur regularly. The 75-foot lap pool is available throughout the year, and there is a Jacuzzi and steam room where residents can unwind after breaking a sweat.
- Concierge – As mentioned above, this development’s private residents-only club is staffed by a concierge who is there for extended hours every day. This concierge is in charge of planning the many events that happen at the tower, and they can help you to make the most of the amenities that are offered within the club itself. The premises are also staffed by a full-time concierge and doorman. At any time of the day or night, then, you can get the assistance that you need. The doorman adds another layer of security to what is already a very well-secured property.
- Parking – Most of the luxury condos in this building include parking of some kind. Self-park spaces are available in the on-site underground parking garage, and many units come with two of these spaces. You can also choose to upgrade to valet garage parking, which offers a whole new level of convenience. The building’s most luxurious penthouse units, including its grand penthouse, typically include valet garage parking. As anyone who is familiar with Boston can attest, finding secure and reliable parking is a tall order—especially downtown, where deeded spaces go for top dollar.
- Children’s playroom – If you will be moving into the building with children in tow, you will be pleased to know that this luxury condo development includes a charming on-site children’s play area. When the weather is bad or you just need to let the kids let off some steam, the playroom is the perfect place to do so.
- Retail and more – Residents of this high-end luxury condo tower enjoy the benefits of living in a mixed-use development. The first several floors of the tower are reserved for retail establishments, and most of this space has been claimed as of early 2018. The first tenant to claim space was Roche Bros. grocery store, and it continues to provide a convenient place for residents to grab groceries and the like.
The amenities alone that are offered at Millennium Tower are more than enough to justify the high price tags that go along with living here. Happily, the condos themselves are truly one of a kind—even in a real estate market that is jam-packed with luxurious offerings. Not surprisingly, condos in this building sold out quickly. That is impressive given how expensive they are. In fact, this tower holds the distinction of being the only building outside of NYC to sell more than $1 billion of real estate. Those who have bought in surely agree that these residences are worth every penny.
Condos in this tower exemplify what luxury condo living is all about. The vast majority of them offer at least decent views, and many of them offer truly unforgettable ones—including views in many different directions. These views are more easily taken in thanks to the many floor-to-ceiling windows that dominate these units. Wide-plank hardwood flooring and other fine finishes enhance the overall luxury of these units nicely. Naturally, all units include in-suite laundries; oversized washers and dryers make it easy to stay on top of this particular chore.
It stands to reason that condos in this building fetch top dollar. Although condos sold out quickly, units occasionally appear in the listings. Lately, a one-bedroom, one-bathroom unit offering around 950 square feet of space has been listing for around $1.25 million. Two-bedroom, two-bathroom units offering 1,300 to 1,500 square feet currently list for around $2.9 million to $3.3 million. Three-bedroom, three-bathroom condos, which offer 1,700 to 2,100 square feet of space, currently list for $3.6 million to $4.4 million. Incredibly, these prices are just a drop in the bucket compared to how much the penthouses in this building fetch.
If you are interested in buying a luxury condo at Millennium Tower in Boston’s vibrant Midtown neighborhood, you are going to need all of the help that you can get. Competition for units in this building is fierce, and they tend to fly off of the market quickly. Give yourself the best odds of success by connecting with Boston City Properties. Sign up to search our listings to check current availability in this building. When you’re ready, contact us for a referral to a Midtown real estate agent who can assist you further. For more information, please give us a call.