Grand Penthouse at Millennium Tower
426 Washington Street
Owning any one of the luxury condos at Millennium Tower in Midtown Boston is a major coup. Shortly after becoming available, the vast majority of the residences here had been snapped up. Even though the crown jewel of this distinctive luxury condo tower is off the market, it remains the most impressive unit in a building that is jam-packed with incredible offerings.
Boston City Properties has followed the progress of this residential luxury tower since its inception. In many ways, the sale of its grand penthouse was the conclusion of what has to be one of the most successful residential real estate stories that has ever been witnessed in the city. Offering nearly 13,000 square feet of space and perched at the tippy-top of this soaring tower, this condo is truly in a league of its own. Read on to learn more about it.
When sales officially kicked off for units in Millennium Tower in mid-October 2014, the media had a field day after learning about the list price of the most luxurious penthouse unit in the building. Listed at $37.5 million, the grand penthouse was instantly the priciest residential unit ever to appear on Boston’s real estate market. All told, the unit offers 12,323 square feet of living space. It also includes a 2,500-square-foot deck that wraps around three sides of the building. Additional features include:
- five in-suite bedrooms
- one two-bedroom suite
- master suite with his-and-hers baths and walk-in closets
- nine full baths
- two kitchens
- two stairwells
- four elevator banks
As noted above, the grand penthouse was initially listed for $37.5 million. When news broke that a sale had finally been made, the buyer was initially shrouded in mystery.
The only way to do justice to the true luxury of the grand penthouse at Millennium Tower is by stepping into it and seeing it for yourself. Obviously, that isn’t going to happen, but you can learn the basics right here. This penthouse occupies the entire top floor of the building, so it is truly in a class of its own. Some of its most notable features include the following:
- Deck – It includes a 2,500-square-foot deck that runs along the entire northeast side of the building. Parts of it then wrap around onto the northwest and southeast sides, so it offers views in three distinct directions.
- Views – Even without the amazing private deck, the grand penthouse in this development affords some of the most spectacular views of any residence in Boston. Four of its bedrooms face the southwest, so they offer truly unforgettable views of the city and the water. The master suite, a corner unit, offers views to the south, east and west. Like all of the units in this building, the grand penthouse is awash in floor-to-ceiling windows, so enjoying those views is a snap—and plenty of natural light is able to flood in too.
- Master Suite – The master suite in the grand penthouse is worth a mention here. As noted above, it is located at a corner of the unit, so it offers views in three distinct directions. The suite also includes his-and-hers master baths as well as his-and-hers walk-in closets. Naturally, it features floor-to-ceiling windows that allow residents to fall asleep and wake up to truly phenomenal views.
- Parking – Like other penthouse units in this building, the grand penthouse comes with parking spaces. According to reports, this unit in particular offers two valet garage spots or two self-park garage spaces.
- More – In addition to the exciting features that have already been highlighted, this unit offers many others that are worth a mention as well. In the master baths, you will find elegant slab marble flooring. Throughout most of the unit, wide-plank flooring from high-end brand Carlisle adds plenty of sophistication. A gas fireplace offers a cozy area to warm up on brisk Boston winter nights.
According to reports, the grand penthouse at Millennium Tower was initially offered in “raw” condition, which means that its basic skeleton was in place but the buyer could customize it to suit their needs.
There’s no doubt about it: The grand penthouse at Millennium Tower is the crème de la crème of luxury Boston real estate. You are out of luck if you were looking to acquire it, but plenty of other units go up for sale in this building all the time. Connect with Boston City Properties to check current availability and for a referral to a local real estate expert.