22 Water Street
Finding an apartment to rent in Cambridge these days can be a bit of a nightmare. While many new apartment buildings have opened in the last several years, demand continues to outstrip availability in many cases. It is generally easier to find something suitable in a large development; Zinc Cambridge is a great example. Still, securing the right unit in this popular East Cambridge building can be tough. A great way to improve your odds of success is by connecting with Boston City Properties.
Vacancies come and go quickly in this city’s most popular buildings, and that’s undoubtedly the case concerning this development. Boston City Properties will give you free, unlimited, immediate access to our vast database of searchable MA real estate listings to assist you in your search. Just complete the simple signup form, and you’ll be good to go. We also offer extensive resources through our website, and we have connections with local agents and can refer you to someone whenever you’re ready.
Built in 2015 and located on bustling Water Street in East Cambridge, this luxury apartment building stands 15 stories tall. It houses a total of 392 apartments, including studios and one- and two-bedroom units. Like many massive apartment buildings that have gone up in recent years, this one offers vast arrays of amenities and services, so residents enjoy many nice perks. Rent prices are fairly moderate, which is another reason why vacancies don’t tend to last for very long.
In exchange for what most would agree is fairly reasonable monthly rent, residents of this development enjoy a host of truly thoughtful and upscale amenities and services. Some of the best examples include:
- Fitness center – You will not be disappointed with the fitness center in this building. It sprawls over a large expanse of space, and it is loaded with top-of-the-line strength training and cardio equipment. There’s even a separate yoga studio where you can practice in peaceful surroundings. If you’re into yoga, you will be pleased to learn that complimentary yoga sessions are held here every week, and residents are welcome.
- Landscaped terrace – This development outdoes itself in terms of outdoor features. Its landscaped terrace stretches across more than 15,000 square feet, and it is loaded with grilling stations and other thoughtful features. This is a great place to hang out when you have visitors or for times when you just need a little fresh air and relaxation.
- 24-hour concierge – Get assistance whenever you need it thanks to around-the-clock concierge services. The building is always staffed by at least one employee, so you don’t have to wait around until regular business hours for help. Whether you have questions regarding your rent or apartment or if you need help lining up transportation or other services, the concierge can assist you any time.
- Pets allowed – Dogs and cats are both welcome at this apartment development. Note that monthly pet rent applies, and an extra pet deposit must be paid. There is also a two-pet maximum per apartment. Happily, this development offers complimentary pet wash stations for residents.
- Two-story lobby – You will love returning home at the end of the day and stepping into this building’s stunning two-story lobby. As noted previously, the lobby is always manned by a concierge, so someone is always there to greet you. From the lobby area, you can easily access many community features, including a pavilion lounge, a media room and a club room.
- Parking – Parking spaces are not included with the monthly rent. Assigned parking is available for rent in the surface lot. Currently, spaces there cost $225 per month. Electric car-charging stations are available as well.
This in-demand East Cambridge apartment development boasts more than 400 units. These are split up into three basic types, but each type is then further split up into many different floorplans, layouts and configurations. Most of the time, at least a few units are available here. Competition is fierce for the best apartments, however, so definitely sign up to search Boston City Properties’ listings.
Studio apartments in this building offer 550 to 700 square feet of space. They currently average around $2,100 to $3,000 per month to rent. One-bedroom, one-bathroom units, which offer 750 to 850 square feet of space, currently rent out for $2,100 to $3,500 per month. Finally, there are also two-bedroom, two-bathroom units that offer 1,150 to 1,200 square feet of space. Monthly rent for these currently averages around $3,400 to $4,800.
You’re sure to appreciate the many small but nice touches that are included in these spacious apartment homes. They all feature open layouts, so you will have plenty of flexibility in terms of how you arrange your things. More importantly, however, these units include these and many other great features:
- Floor-to-ceiling windows – Every apartment in this building has massive, floor-to-ceiling windows, and these helps to make the already spacious units feel even bigger. They also allow in lots of natural light and provide pleasant views of East Cambridge and beyond.
- Spa-like bathrooms – Bathrooms in these units are designed to be on par with what you’d find in a nice spa, so they include lavish soaking tubs where you’re sure to while away many pleasant hours.
- Gourmet kitchens – You will love when meal prep time rolls around as a resident of this building. All units include thoughtfully designed gourmet kitchens with lovely dark-wood cabinets, top-end stainless steel appliances, gorgeous stone countertops and, in many cases, kitchen islands.
- High-end flooring – Unlike many apartments, which are decked out with the cheapest carpeting that developers could find, these units feature exquisite flooring. Throughout most of these units, you will find elegant vinyl wood plank flooring that can easily be personalized with area rugs and the like.
- In-unit washer and dryer – Finally, all of the apartments in this East Cambridge development come with full-size Bosch washers and dryers. You won’t have to deal with the hassle of lugging dirty laundry down to another floor or, even worse, to a laundromat elsewhere in the neighborhood.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Given the fierceness of the competition for the best apartments in Cambridge, it’s easy to see why securing the right unit in this development could be trickier than expected. Even though there are nearly 400 apartments in this building, the most popular configurations tend to be rented out quickly. Arm yourself with the best tools for your search by connecting with Boston City Properties. Our search tool lets you select specific Boston neighborhoods and MA cities and towns on which to focus your search. You can also adjust filters for things like total square footage and price range to get the most relevant listings. Get in-depth information about specific apartments for rent in individual listings, and contact us for a referral to a local agent when you’re ready to proceed. For more info, please call Boston City Properties.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!