205 Walden St
Finding a suitable apartment to rent in Cambridge, MA, is often easier said than done. The local rental market here is fiercely competitive, and demand for certain types of apartments is particularly high. If you are looking in Cambridge generally and the Porter Square neighborhood more specifically, Walden Park is a worthwhile building to consider. Although it is among the oldest developments of its kind in the city, it offers considerable benefits for renters from all walks of life.
Because this Cambridge apartment building has more than 200 units, it’s easy to take for granted the ability to find something to rent. However, with some of the most competitive rent prices in the area and spacious units, vacancies in this building don’t tend to last. It pays to have the right help, and Boston City Properties is here to provide it. Sign up now to search our real estate listings, which include listings for apartments that are currently available for rent in Cambridge and throughout greater Boston.
Standing six stories tall, this mid-rise apartment development is located in Porter Square on bustling Walden Street. Built in 1966, it houses a total of 232 apartments, including studios and one- and two-bedroom units. Given its size, it tends to have a fairly revolving door of vacancies at any given time. To find a unit here that really meets your requirements, though, extra help never hurts—and our team is here for you.
You get plenty of extras as a resident of this popular, long-standing Porter Square apartment building. Considering how competitive rent prices generally are in this development, the included amenities are truly impressive. Although some people don’t worry too much about what a building has to offer, it is always smart to familiarize yourself with the best features for comparison’s sake.
As a resident of this building, you’ll have access to these and many other amenities:
- Fitness center – There’s no need to leave the building to work up a sweat at this development because it includes a thoroughly modern, well-equipped fitness center. With so many residents to accommodate, the building has developed a small gym that is more than sufficient. The premises also include an outdoor swimming pool, which is great for leisure and exercise on nice days.
- Community room – Take in some movies or play a game of billiards with friends in this building’s state-of-the-art community room. This room is also a great place to hold gatherings, and it is often possible to rent it out for private use.
- Pets welcome – This development doesn’t just allow dogs and cats; it welcomes them with open arms. Both types of pets are permitted, and you can have up to three; most complexes like this only allow up to two. As is customary, pet rent applies, so you will pay a bit more to bring your pets with you. Pet care services are available in this building, and that’s a major plus for pet owners.
- Gated access – Security is important to everyone, and you don’t have to worry about a thing as a resident of this building. Only key-carrying residents can gain access to parts of the building where apartments are located, and many other security measures are in place for the safety and comfort of tenants. You will breathe easy knowing that you live in such a secure building.
- On-site Zipcars – If you don’t own a car but occasionally need one, you’ll be glad to know that this property offers Zipcar rentals on the premises. For those times when you need the freedom of your own vehicle, this is a major plus.
- Package service – When you live in this Porter Square development, you don’t have to fret about being around when packages are delivered. The building’s package service accepts deliveries for residents and holds them until they can pick them up.
This building boasts more than 200 apartments, but you can only pick and choose from whatever happens to be available when you’re looking to rent a place. This development offers many different floorplans and layouts, and units here are quite spacious by city standards. Rent prices are also reasonable, which is a big perk.
Studio apartments in this building, which offer around 550 square feet of space, currently rent for around $2,000 per month. One-bedroom, one-bathroom units, which tend to be the most popular, offer around 750 to 850 square feet of space and currently rent for roughly $2,400 per month. Finally, two-bedroom units, which include two bathrooms, offer around 1,000 square feet and currently rent for around $2,800 per month.
If apartments are available in this building when you search Boston City Properties’ listings, you will be able to read descriptions and view photos to get a feel for what individual units are like. Units here vary considerably, but most of them share certain features in common. Some of the most popular features of these apartments include:
- Modern kitchens – Considering how old this building is, it’s natural to wonder if the kitchens will be anywhere near up to par. Fortunately, the property has continually updated these kitchens through the year, and they are thoroughly modern. From granite counters to chic backsplashes, kitchens in these units are, indeed, quite nice.
- Walk-in closets – Keep everything nicely squared away with generous storage space. All units in this development include walk-in closets. Larger apartments typically include more than one, so you never have to worry about finding a place to store your stuff.
- Huge windows – For an older mid-rise building, this property’s windows are remarkably modern in terms of size. Most apartments have huge windows that let in lots of natural light, which helps to make the space feel more open and airy. It’s also nice to be able to take in views of the surrounding area.
- Large apartments – For many people, size is often the determining factor when renting or buying a home. If you shop around the area for apartments, you will quickly see that the units in this building tend to run larger than average. At the same time, rent prices are pretty competitive, so apartments here offer terrific value.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Are you feeling overwhelmed about securing the right apartment in Porter Square in Cambridge? To find one quickly in this particular building or in any others in the area, sign up to search Boston City Properties’ listings right away. Our search tool lets you select specific cities, towns and Boston neighborhoods, and you can refine your results more with filters for things like size and price range. In a flash, you can check current availability for apartments in this development. When the time comes to go look in person, contact us for a referral to a local real estate expert who can help. For more information at any time, please contact Boston City Properties.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!