270 Third St
If you are currently in the market for an apartment to rent and have decided on East Cambridge as an ideal home base, you have plenty of options. However, given the highly competitive nature of this city’s rental market, you may be in for a bit of an uphill battle as far as finding the exact right thing. Vivo, a popular, recently built development, is a great option to consider. Let Boston City Properties help you find the perfect home in this popular building.
You know what you need in terms of apartments, and Boston City Properties will help you find it quickly. Sign up using the easy form for instant, free, unlimited access to our continually updated online database of searchable MA real estate listings. You can then quickly check current availability for not only this development but for apartment buildings throughout greater Boston. The help doesn’t end there, though; our website is loaded with useful resources, and we can refer you to local real estate professionals who can assist you further.
Located on vibrant Third Street in East Cambridge, this luxury apartment development isn’t nearly as large as many of the others that have been built in the last few years. A mid-rise building, it stands eight stories tall and offers 91 stylish, thoroughly modern apartment homes ranging from studios to two-bedroom units. Rent prices are on the higher end of the scale, but you get considerable bang for your rental buck thanks to all of the amenities and features.
While much larger developments have veritable smorgasbords of offerings, they also often feel like they are trying to be all things to all people. Because this is a smaller place, the amenities feel more personalized and thoughtful. Examples of the best services and amenities that you’ll enjoy as a resident of this East Cambridge apartment building include:
- Fitness center – Break a sweat and stay in shape without having to hit the pavement thanks to this building’s state-of-the-art fitness center. Open around the clock, it includes top-of-the-line cardio and strength-training equipment along with everything that you need to get in a full workout.
- Rooftop deck – Though this is just an eight-story mid-rise building, its rooftop deck still manages to offer nice views of East Cambridge and beyond. It is also a great place for residents to throw get-togethers or to just hang out and kick back.
- Garage parking – Included with the monthly rent for all units is one surface parking space, which is a major plus for residents who own vehicles. If you prefer more secure and convenient parking, you can also rent a space in the underground garage for around $300 per month.
- Security – The premises are protected by high-tech security features, ensuring the comfort and safety of residents. For example, all units are connected to a visual and voice intercom system, so residents can see and hear visitors who show up before allowing them into the building.
- On-site retail – Quick shopping trips are a snap when living in this building because it includes a small but nice assortment of on-site retail establishments.
- LEED Silver – One major perk of living in a modern building is that it is more likely to have been designed with sustainability in mind. That’s the case with this apartment development, which has earned the coveted LEED Silver certification.
- Pets welcome – Cats and dogs are both welcome in this building. There is, of course, a two-pet limit, and pet rent does apply. Note also that this building includes thoughtful extras for pets and pet owners, including an on-site pet washing station.
Compared with many other Cambridge apartment buildings, this one has a fairly limited number of units. Because it is such a popular development, this means that apartments don’t tend to stay unoccupied for very long. Boston City Properties’ listings are continually updated, so they are a great first stop when kicking off a search for an apartment to rent in East Cambridge.
As for this building’s units, you can choose from a nice assortment of options. Studio apartments here offer around 450 square feet of space, and monthly rent averages around $2,700 per month. One-bedroom, one-bathroom units, which offer around 750 square feet, rent for around $3,200 per month. There are also two-bedroom apartments, which boast two bathrooms. These offer around 1,050 square feet of space, and monthly rent averages around $4,100.
Although the apartments in this building aren’t the roomiest in the city, they more than make up for that with their modern, stylish designs, elegant layouts and thoughtful touches. Boston City Properties’ listings for apartments for rent include tons of photos, so you can gain a clear feel for what a place is like before actually heading over there.
Some of the most notable features of apartments in this development include:
- Chef-inspired kitchens – Apartment living doesn’t have to mean putting up with a tiny, dark kitchen. In this building, apartments boast truly upscale kitchens with tons of great features. Designer cabinets, under-cabinet lighting, quartz countertops and ceramic tile backsplashes are just a few examples of what makes these kitchens so special. Select units even have kitchen islands.
- In-unit washer and dryer – Keep up with the laundry with ease thanks to in-unit washers and dryers. You never have to worry about laundromats and the like as a resident of this building.
- Balconies – Some of the apartments in this development have private balconies. Not surprisingly, these units tend to be in particularly high demand, so securing one can be tricky. Increase your odds of getting one by connecting with Boston City Properties.
- High-tech features – Units in this building include some pretty nice high-tech touches. In particular, they are decked out with Nest thermostats, which can be controlled via mobile device from wherever you happen to be. These thermostats also make it easier to save on heating and cooling costs.
- Huge windows – Massive windows in these units make them look and feel a lot bigger while affording nice views of East Cambridge. These apartments also have swing windows, which open up to allow in fresh air on nice days.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
You have lots of options when it comes to finding an apartment to rent in Cambridge. However, if you’ve set your sights on this particular building, keep in mind that vacancies tend to be few and far between. Improve your odds of securing a great apartment in this popular development by signing up with Boston City Properties. Right away, you can use our search tool to check current availability. Check out listings to learn details about individual apartments. When you’ve narrowed things down a bit, contact us for a referral to a local real estate agent with special knowledge of the rental market. In the meantime, for more information, call Boston City Properties.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!