Lofts at Kendall Square
195 Binney St
If you are currently apartment hunting in Cambridge and are interested in loft-style developments, Lofts at Kendall Square Apartments is worth your consideration. Offering fairly reasonable rent prices and a nice array of amenities, this development has been a mainstay for renters in the area for about a decade now. Although it offers hundreds of units, competition for the best ones is fierce. If you are determined to make this building your home, it pays to have as much help as you can get. Boston City Properties is here to provide it.
Why connect with Boston City Properties when seeking apartments for rent in this charming Cambridge building? For one thing, we will give you free, immediate access to our constantly updated MA real estate listings, which include listings for apartments for rent around the area. Later, we can also refer you to a local agent who can take you to tour apartments on your list. Our site is also loaded with useful resources, and our team is always here to help.
Located on Binney Street in East Cambridge, this development is best known for being a converted and renovated former factory. The building was originally constructed in 1979, but it was extensively remodeled and repurposed in 2008. Today, it stands five stories tall and offers 186 loft-style apartment homes. The property also offers duplexes, but availability is severely limited.
It is wise to shop around when looking for apartments in Cambridge as different buildings have different offerings and perks. You’re sure to be impressed with the amenities that are in place at this development, however, because they are a bit more extensive than average for this part of the city. A few examples of the top amenities that are offered here include:
- Industrial vibe – Although some would argue that it’s falling a bit out of favor, the loft-style, renovated warehouse aesthetic is alive and well at this development. This property originally housed a factory, however, so there is authenticity in terms of architecture and the like. Around common areas of the building, you will see elements of the property’s former life as a factory scattered in with more modern touches.
- Pets allowed – It is hard for any apartment building in the city to compete without allowing pets. This building has an especially generous pet policy, with dogs and cats both allowed. You can also have a maximum of three pets; most complexes allow only a maximum of two.
- Parking – Monthly rent here includes one surface parking space. If you need something more secure or convenient, you can also available yourself of on-site garage parking for around $225 per month.
- Fitness center – Residents of this development enjoy 24/7 access to an on-site fitness center. This mini gym, which is how it can best be described, has everything that you need to work out your whole body in no time flat. If you are a serious fitness fanatic, you may find the offerings to be a bit lacking. Otherwise, you can probably safely do away with your gym membership.
- Outdoor common areas – One thing that is often lacking at big city apartment developments is outdoor space. That’s not the case at this building, happily. For one thing, it includes a common patio area where residents can hang out, get some fresh air and mingle. There is also a landscaped courtyard area that is a popular congregating spot as well.
- Package service – You don’t have to worry about not being home when packages are delivered when you are a resident of this apartment complex. All residents enjoy the use of an on-site package service that holds packages for them until they are ready to retrieve them. This service is offered for free, and it’s just one more way in which this development strives to make life easier for residents.
If you like the sound of this development and its amenities, you should next determine whether or not its apartments suit your needs. Studio apartments here offer around 450 square feet of space, which is pretty compact. These currently rent for around $2,400 per month. One-bedroom units in this building, meanwhile, offer around 800 to 950 square feet of space. Rent averages around $2,400 to $3,000 per month. Finally, two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartments, which offer around 1,000 square feet, cost anywhere from $3,000 to $3,400 per month in rent.
Even if it appears like this development has apartments that suit your budget and offer enough space, you also need to find out if they have the kinds of features that you need. You will find while shopping around for apartments in this area that some developments go out of their way to make units as comfortable and high-end as possible.
Apartments in this building offer the following features and more:
- Unique floorplans – Because this development is located in a converted factory, apartments here have unique shapes and layouts. Virtually no two units are exactly alike, and that is a neat thing to find in the big city. However, it can make it trickier to find the right thing.
- Warehouse elements – Developers left many original warehouse elements intact to lend apartments more loft-like aesthetics. In individual units, you will find everything from exposed beams to bricks to soaring columns. Many units also have the massive windows that are so ubiquitous among loft apartments.
- Gourmet kitchens – Not surprisingly, apartments in this building include high-end kitchens with many special touches. They are loaded with stainless steel appliances, and they include granite counters and gorgeous oak cabinets.
- Private outdoor space – Select units in this building offer private outdoor space for residents. This may be in the form of a patio, a terrace or a balcony. Such units are extremely limited, and they are also highest in demand. As a result, securing one can be incredibly difficult. Your best bet is to contact Boston City Properties for a referral to a local agent who can assist you further.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Although this apartment complex has a large number of units, it also happens to be among the most popular buildings in East Cambridge. As a result, even when units become available, they tend to get rented out again quickly. The best way to see what is happening in terms of availability is by connecting with Boston City Properties.
Using our search tool, you can select Cambridge from the location list to restrict your search to the area. You may also input your preferences for price, square footage and total number of beds and baths. If any matching apartments are available in this building, listings for them will appear in the results. Learn more about individual units with in-depth descriptions, and view photos for even more clarity. When you’re ready to look in person, call us for a referral to a local real estate agent. For more info, please call Boston City Properties.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!