157 Sixth St
Searching for a centrally located apartment in Cambridge? You can take your pick from many luxury apartment communities, but Kendall Crossing is a definite standout. The experts at Boston City Properties are very familiar with this unique development and can help you locate the perfect one- or two-bedroom apartment here.
Cozy and inviting, Kendall Crossing is a small residential apartment development offering spacious one- and two-bedroom units to discerning Boston residents. Located in the heart of Cambridge, Kendall Crossing is perfect for anyone who wants to be close to major universities and other nearby attractions. Thanks to its intimate design, this community offers superior seclusion and peacefulness, creating a pleasant oasis for residents.
Kendall Crossing caters to discerning Bostonians who want the finest features and amenities. As such, the community offers a wide array of compelling features. Common areas are nicely appointed and feature chic, contemporary designs. Heat and water are included with the cost of the monthly rent, so you can save a little money in that way by living here.
Be sure to consider these especially exciting amenities:
- Underground Garage Parking - If you've ever searched for street parking in Cambridge, you know what a headache it can be. Once you rent a place at Kendall Crossing, you won't have to worry about it anymore. The community offers an attached underground parking garage. Parking costs extra, but it is still significantly cheaper than public lots. As an added bonus, the garage is very safe and secure.
- Bike Parking - At Kendall Crossing, the days of lugging your bike up to your apartment are over. The development offers secure bicycle parking, allowing avid cyclists to store their rides without any worries. Cambridge is great to explore on foot, but hopping on a bike makes it much easier to navigate.
- Private Community Room - Residents of Kendall Crossing enjoy the use of a well-equipped community room. You can reserve the room for special events that you are holding. For instance, if you'd like to celebrate a birthday, reserve the private community room and hold your gathering there. The room is incredibly spacious and includes everything you need to hold great events.
Unlike many apartment communities in Cambridge and Boston, Kendall Crossing doesn't have hundreds of units. This is a small, cozy community, and one- and two-bedroom units are available. Despite the limited supply of apartments, a number of layouts and floor plans are available. All units have open floor plans that make it easy to achieve the perfect configuration in terms of decor. As an added bonus, all apartments have been renovated and upgraded in the recent past, so you will basically be getting a whole new place by moving in here.
A few more things to be aware of about apartments at Kendall Crossing include:
- Types - Due in part to its relatively small size, Kendall Crossing offers just two types of apartments: one-bedroom units and two-bedroom units. One-bedroom apartments here offer around 600 to 650 square feet of space. Two-bedroom apartments offer between 900 and more than 1,000 square feet of space. If you have checked out apartments elsewhere, you know these are incredibly spacious -- especially when you consider how affordable the rent is.
- Fireplaces - Select units at Kendall Crossing have their very own fireplaces. These gas fireplaces can be turned on with the flick of a switch. You will be especially glad to have your own fireplace during Boston's long, cold, snowy winters.
- Washer and Dryer - While many apartment developments in Boston offer on-site laundry facilities, Kendall Crossing goes one better by offering in-unit washers and dryers. It's way easier to stay on top of the laundry when you have the equipment you need in your apartment. What a relief it will be to no longer have to drag your clothes to the laundromat or even down the hall to the laundry room.
Find a Great Place at Kendall Crossing with Boston City Properties
It pays to take your time when apartment hunting in Cambridge. After all, once you sign a lease, you are stuck with whatever you chose for a while. Kendall Crossing is a great choice, and Boston City Properties can familiarize you with its best benefits. Our experienced team can also assist you with locating the perfect unit at this popular development, so contact us today.
If you are in the market to rent an apartment in East Cambridge, odds are that you have at least considered Kendall Crossing. This small yet upscale development has a lot to offer, but securing an apartment here is often easier said than done. Availability tends to be limited because there are so few units in the first place. For the best odds of getting what you need when you need it, sign up with Boston City Properties right away.
The benefits of signing up with us are considerable. Chief among them is the fact that you’ll gain free, immediate, unlimited access to our searchable online MA real estate listings. Updated around the clock, they aren’t limited to listings for homes for sale. They also include up-to-the-minute listings for apartments for rent around greater Boston, including in this development. Our team is here to assist you, and our site is loaded with useful resources. Finally, we can refer you to a local real estate agent for additional assistance with renting an apartment in this development.
Standing seven stories tall and housing just 37 units, this charming apartment building was constructed in 2003. Because it is located in East Cambridge, it offers a nice location and fairly reasonable rent prices. Residents appear to like it here, and they don’t tend to leave very often. When an apartment becomes available, it’s crucial to act quickly; Boston City Properties can help.
If you have ever looked into renting or have rented an apartment in a Boston development before, you probably already have a fairly good idea about what to expect. While this building doesn’t offer quite as many high-end features and services as others, what it does offer is more than enough for most. People are typically drawn here more for the large apartments and fairly reasonable prices more than for the amenities.
Some of the most notable features and amenities to look out for here include:
- Garage parking – Since it’s not a very big place, this development doesn’t throw in free parking spaces with the rent. There really isn’t enough room to accommodate tons of parking spaces, and many Boston residents don’t own cars anyway. If you do, however, you will be glad to know that unassigned garage parking can be had here for an additional $250 per month.
- Pets – If you are a pet owner, you probably check about this almost right away. Unfortunately, this development does not allow cats, dogs or any pets at all. However, plenty of other buildings in East Cambridge do, and Boston City Properties can point you in their direction. Generally speaking, you are more likely to have luck with pets at larger developments.
- Resident lounge – With a single look at this building, you’d probably assume that it didn’t really have any community features. That’s not the case, though—an on-site lounge provides a comfortable place for residents to relax and interact. The lounge is nicely appointed, and it offers engaging views of the city.
- Business center – Apartments in this building are roomy, but not everyone wants to tie up space at home with a desk and other equipment. If you only occasionally need to use a printer or other business services, you are sure to appreciate this development’s on-site business center. It includes the basics that you need to be productive whether you are studying or working. Residents enjoy access around the clock.
- Property services – All too often, apartment hunters fail to check one very important thing when considering various buildings: How those properties are managed. The last thing that you want to do is to rent a place in a building that is poorly managed. That’s not a problem at this complex as it is professionally managed on site. As an added bonus, this development has on-site maintenance services, so residents don’t have to wait around when they need assistance.
As noted above, this building is limited to just 37 units. These include one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. One-bedroom units offer around 575 to 650 square feet of space, and they include one bathroom. Lately, these have been renting out for around $2,700 per month. Two-bedroom, two-bath apartments offer around 900 to 1,000 square feet of space, and they average around $3,400 per month for rent. The size jump between a one-bedroom unit and a two-bedroom unit is considerable, but the price increase isn’t.
Listings in our database include all of the information that you need to make informed decisions when renting apartments. Note that individual units often have individual features, so it’s important to look at listings for specific units. In the meantime, however, here are some of the apartment features that this building is especially known for:
- Gourmet kitchens – Enjoy the use of a lovely gourmet kitchen as a resident of this popular building. Like the rest of the unit, the kitchen is thoroughly modern in design. Kitchens in these units boast state-of-the-art stainless steel appliances, elegant granite countertops and first-rate maple cabinetry.
- Balconies – Select units in this building have private balconies. It is difficult to get a unit in this building in general, and it is likely to be even trickier to secure one that has a balcony. Boston City Properties can connect you with an agent who can help you find a Cambridge apartment with a balcony if you can’t find one in this development.
- In-suite washer and dryer – This building doesn’t need its own laundry facilities because all units come equipped with a washer and dryer. For city dwellers who often have to haul their laundry to nearby laundromats, this is a big deal. Thanks to the overall roominess of these apartments, these appliances don’t take up too much space.
- Utilities included – In general terms, apartments in this building rent out for fairly competitive prices. They are more competitive still when you realize that certain utilities are included in the cost of the rent. As a resident of this building, your heat and air conditioning costs are covered; you won’t get separate bills for these services. Over time, this is sure to save you a lot of money.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
If it feels like you’re facing an uphill battle to find an apartment in this building, you are somewhat correct. With fewer than 40 units in the building all told, vacancies tend to be few and far between. Sign up now to gain instant, free access to Boston City Properties’ listings. Navigate over to our search tool and select Cambridge from the list of locations. Adjust filters for things like price range and total beds and baths to refine your results more. If any units are currently available in this development, they will show up in the listings. Boston City Properties can also refer you to an agent who can help you find what you need, so give us a call today.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!