Homer Avenue Apartments
66 Homer Avenue
Looking for an upscale Cambridge apartment that won't break the bank? You can't go wrong by signing a lease at Homer Avenue Apartments. Designed to cater to discerning Bostonians in search of affordable housing, this development offers a peaceful setting, spacious apartments and an incredibly convenient location. Every single one of the 60 units here has been updated recently. Pets are not allowed, however. If you need pet friendly housing in Cambridge, Boston City Properties can help.
Homer Avenue Apartments is located on a secluded cul-de-sac near the heart of Cambridge. Unlike many apartment developments in Cambridge, this community is set away from the hustle and bustle of busy nearby streets. Therefore, it's perfect for people who want to enjoy exceptional peace and quiet by day and by night. Offering superior value and convenience, Homer Avenue Apartments is worth your consideration.
Because apartments at Homer Avenue Apartments are among the most affordable in Cambridge, the community doesn't offer the lavish extras that are found at other developments. Of course, the location alone is one of its top selling points. People also flock to this development for its incredible tranquility. If you'd like to forget that you live in a busy, bustling city, you're going to love Homer Avenue Apartments.
A few notable amenities you will enjoy as a resident of Homer Avenue Apartments include:
- Controlled Access - Cambridge is a very safe place. Still, it's nice to know that you live in a building that is locked up securely at all times. Homer Avenue Apartments offers controlled access to the premises, which prevents random people from walking in from off the street. This is yet another way in which the building offers some of the most peaceful apartment living in the area.
- On-Site Laundry - Although units at Homer Avenue Apartments do not have their own washers and dryers, laundry facilities are available on the premises. Therefore, you won't have to haul your clothes to nearby laundromats when you need to wash them. The laundry facilities here are of impeccable quality, allowing you to make short work of this chore.
- Elevators - Since it's a mid-rise building, Homer Avenue Apartments doesn't have too many stories. Most residents can easily take the stairs to and from their units. However, elevators are also available. They come in handy when moving in or out or while bringing groceries and other things home. They are also great for people who can't manage stairs for various reasons.
Homer Avenue Apartments offers 60 spacious, modern apartment homes in the heart of Cambridge. Boston City Properties is very familiar with this community, and our team has checked out several units here in the past. Each one has a spacious, open floor plan, and all units have been remodeled in the not-too-distant past. Therefore, you can expect to find a comfortable, spacious home in this development.
Keep these facts in mind while considering apartments at Homer Avenue Apartments:
- Types - You can choose from studios and one- and two-bedroom apartments at Homer Avenue Apartments. Studio apartments offer between 525 and 625 square feet of space, which is significantly larger than most studios in Boston. One-bedroom units offer around 700 square feet of space, and two-bedroom apartments are larger still. Boston City Properties can help you locate the perfect unit here, or we can find nearby communities that have what you need.
- Hardwood Floors - All units at Homer Avenue Apartments boast elegant hardwood flooring throughout. This is great for a number of reasons. First, hardwood floors are neutral, making it easy to achieve the perfect interior decor scheme. Also, you can jazz up hardwood floors with area rugs. In this way, you can customize your unit to reflect your personal taste.
- Large Kitchens - Tired of dealing with impossibly cramped big-city apartment kitchens? Those days are over when you sign a lease at Homer Avenue Apartments. Kitchens in these units are remarkably spacious and include state-of-the-art appliances and a number of stylish touches. You are sure to appreciate having all of that extra cabinet space and counter space.
Move Into Your Dream Apartment at Homer Avenue Apartments with Boston City Properties
Ready to enjoy peaceful, affordable living near central Cambridge? At Homer Avenue Apartments, you will never be very far from the action. Heat, hot water and one parking space are included in the monthly rent. This isn't a pet friendly community, however, so check with Boston City Properties to find nearby developments where your pets are welcome.
If you are looking for affordable apartment living in Cambridge, Homer Avenue Apartments are worth your consideration. A mid-rise building in a quiet neighborhood in West Cambridge, this development is known more for its affordability than for its amenities. Due to its small size, vacancies don’t tend to open up in this building very often—and competition is often fierce. For best results when seeking a unit here, turn to the experts at Boston City Properties.
We maintain one of the largest online databases of searchable MA real estate listings around. Contrary to what many assume, it isn’t limited to listings for homes for sale. Around the clock, listings for vacancies in some of Boston’s most popular apartment buildings appear in the database. By signing up for free, unlimited, immediate access to these listings, which can be navigated with our convenient search tool, you can quickly determine if this building has any apartments that suit your needs.
As its name implies, this development is situated on Homer Avenue in West Cambridge. Built in 1967, the building stands five stories tall, and it houses 60 apartment homes, including studios and one- and two-bedroom units. While you can find many apartment developments in Cambridge offering far more in terms of amenities, you would be hard-pressed to find units offering this kind of space for such affordable prices.
If you have been looking for apartments in Cambridge for a while, you already know that competition is fierce for units in the most centrally located and well-equipped complexes. To justify exorbitant rents, most newly developed buildings are packed to the gills with exciting amenities. With so much new construction around Cambridge, this building stands out not only for its age but for its relative lack of amenities too.
With that being said, this development has a lot to offer to people whose top concern is affordability. As evidenced by online reviews, tenants of this development generally give it high marks. Some of the types of amenities that you will enjoy as a resident here include:
- On-site laundry facilities – Although units don’t have their own washer-dryer setups, this building has state-of-the-art laundry facilities for residents to use as needed. There is no need to haul the laundry down the block to get it done.
- Parking – If you have a car, you are in luck. This building has a surface parking lot. Rent includes one space per unit. As an added bonus, affordable street parking is available for rent right on the same block. If you have more than one vehicle to deal with, this development should be able to accommodate you.
- Pets – Unfortunately, this development does not allow pets at all. Whether you own a dog or a cat, you won’t be permitted to move them in along with you. Fortunately, the vast majority of Cambridge apartment developments welcome pets with open arms. Boston City Properties can help you find more suitable accommodations for you and your furry friends.
- Fitness – Due to the size and age of this building, it doesn’t have an on-site fitness center. This flies in the face of current norms as the vast majority of apartment buildings in the city include them. You’re not out of luck if you need to break a sweat without having to travel far and wide. The development has an agreement with the nearby Commonwealth Sports Club, and residents enjoy discounted memberships.
- Management and more – What this building lacks in terms of fancy amenities it more than makes up for in terms of overall quality. The development is professionally managed, and residents’ online reviews suggest that the company that’s in charge does a good job. With five stories to deal with, you will be relieved to know that this building includes elevators. It’s also worth mentioning that residents are kept safe and sound through a high-tech controlled access system. Access to private apartments is strictly managed, so residents feel safe around the clock.
Given that there are only 60 units in this building, it is pretty surprising that several different options are available in terms of layouts and floor plans. You can choose from studio apartments, which rent for around $1,550 per month; one-bedroom, one-bathroom units, which offer around 700 square feet of space and rent for around $1,900 per month; and two-bedroom apartments, which rent for around $2,050 per month. These units’ floor plans are generally open and spacious, so you have a lot of flexibility in terms of how you arrange everything.
With rent here as affordable as it is, it’s easy to assume that you will be looking at very bare-bones apartments. While these units aren’t luxury residences by any stretch of the imagination, they do have plenty to offer. More than anything, they offer terrific value; some other especially notable features include:
- Large and modern – This building was constructed in the 1960s, but it has been renovated and updated many times since then. Apartments here offer generous amounts of space, and they are designed with modern aesthetics in mind. This property is unique in that it offers the personality of an older building with the style of modern, elegant apartments.
- Extras included with rent – A quick look at the average cost of rent in Cambridge will show you that this development is incredibly affordable. Instead of nickel-and-diming residents over additional services, incredibly, the development throws many of them into the price of the rent. Included in the monthly rent are hot water, heat and one parking space—an incredible value.
- Modern kitchens – Kitchens in these apartments have been upgraded and modernized extensively through the years. While they aren’t quite at the level of the gourmet kitchens that you will find in luxury apartment buildings, these kitchens feature top-notch appliances, quality fixtures and overall attractive and comfortable designs.
- Hardwood floors – Adding to the spaciousness of these units are the hardwood floors that are featured throughout the majority of them. One potential problem with this design is that sounds may carry more easily—especially if you have people living below you. Most residents use area rugs to add warmth, comfort and a splash of individual style to their apartments.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
If you’re looking for an apartment in Cambridge and believe that this building may offer what you need, do yourself a favor and connect with Boston City Properties. Our searchable online database of MA real estate listings includes listings for apartments for rent across greater Boston. Should any units currently be available in this development, listings for them will appear in the results. Using our search tool, you can limit your search to a specific Boston neighborhood, town or city and use filters to zero in on options that suit your needs precisely. We’re ready when you are, so call Boston City Properties today.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!