Christopher Columbus Plaza
145 Commercial Street
Christopher Columbus Plaza at 145 Commercial Street, Boston, offers a great location and all the amenities that you would want to call home. Situated in the historic North End, this vibrant neighborhood is steeped in beauty and tradition. The five-story brick building built in 1977 includes 151 one- and two- bedroom, one-bath units ranging from 680 to 1200 square feet in size. Overlooking Boston Harbor, Christopher Columbus Plaza offers spectacular waterfront views. The complex is conveniently located near public transportation, downtown and the Financial District. Remodeled in 2010, the apartment homes are well-appointed with luxurious amenities. Christopher Columbus Plaza is a smoke-free community.
- The attractive, chef-grade kitchens have all the modern conveniences, with an efficient galley format for most floorplans. Granite countertops in neutral grays give a sleek, uncluttered look. Above and below counter cabinets offer ample storage for cutlery, dishes and pots and pans. Cooking is with gas; stove with self-cleaning oven is included. All units come with stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, garbage disposal and stainless steel sink. A pass-through to the living room creates a cozy counter-top dining niche.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows allow ample light and offer views of the North End neighborhood, harbor and waterfront. Several floorplans include private balconies with views from the bedroom and access from the living room. Ceiling fans add a charming touch.
- Generous storage space is incorporated into all units. Each bedroom has a spacious closet and each unit has a centrally-located coat closet. Several floorplans include a linen closet next to the bathroom. Two-bedroom units offer a variety of generous closet and storage arrangements.
- Gleaming laminate hardwood floors in the living areas and modern tile in the bath add a touch of elegance. Bedrooms include plush, neutral-colored carpeting.
- Updated bathrooms include high-quality fixtures, vanity with wash basin, combination tub and shower and ceramic tile floors.
- The spacious, well-lit lobby offers a welcoming atmosphere. Property entry is through controlled access with door card readers. Professional on-site management oversees administrative needs and maintenance. Twenty-four hour emergency maintenance is available. Security features include video surveillance and intercom network. Elevators are handicap-accessible.
- Central heat and air are provided for all apartments. All utilities—gas, electric, hot water, trash removal and water—are included. Units are cable-ready.
- The building is pet-friendly, allowing dogs and cats, with some breed restrictions and maximum weight under 40 pounds. Residents may have up to two pets per unit. An outdoor dog park is adjacent to the property.
- For those who travel the neighborhood by bicycle, cycle storage is provided.
- Underground private parking is available for an additional fee.
The many community features provide convenience and space for leisure and business activities.
- Residents will enjoy the immaculate and pleasantly landscaped garden courtyard with ponds and fountains. Well-established trees shade grilling stations, built-in benches and park tables for outdoor activities. Access is controlled by security gates.
- The rooftop sky lounge and business center provide a 360-degree view of the area including Boston Harbor, the Financial District, North End and nearby parks. Both indoor and outdoor decks are available. The enclosed solarium and garden room includes a pleasant casual dining area embellished with a well-tended container garden. The outdoor deck includes lounge chairs for taking in sunshine and enjoying the fresh air. A club room with kitchen area and TV lets residents entertain and relax in a causal atmosphere on-site.
- The community laundry center includes multiple washer and dryer units.
- A modern fitness center on the ground floor lets exercise enthusiasts enjoy the views of the courtyard and nearby Christopher Columbus Park while working out. Work-out stations include weight machines, cycles and treadmills.
An array of floorplans are available for both one-and two-bedroom apartments. The four one-bedroom floorplans range from 680 to 720 square feet.
- The Endicott at 680 square feet includes a private balcony with access from the spacious living/dining area, galley kitchen, additional hallway storage, and an 11'2" by 10'10" bedroom that accommodates a king-size bed and includes a large closet.
- The Atlantic, also 680 square feet, features a 10'11" by 10'8" bedroom with a spacious closet, private balcony and hallway storage.
- The 720-square foot Cooper floorplan includes an 11' by 10'11" bedroom, large bathroom, hall coat closet and spacious living/dining area.
- The 720-square foot Charter features an 11' by 14'2" bedroom with a large window, hallway storage and spacious living/dining area.
The six two-bedroom plans include five units at 1180 square feet and one at 1200 square feet.
- The Fleet, with a 10'2" by 13'8" master bedroom and 10'10" by 12'4" second bedroom, features ample closet space in each bedroom, complemented by two closets in the hallway and linen storage next to the bathroom. The balcony, accessible from the living/dining area, spans the entire exterior wall of the second bedroom, giving great light and views.
- The Fulton, with a 10'10" by 11'11" master bedroom and 9'6" by 12' second bedroom, also has generous closet space, with two hallway closets that double the bedroom storage. The balcony provides a wall of light for the second bedroom. The spacious kitchen includes more counter space and storage cupboards for an inspired cook.
- The Richmond packs a lot of unusual features into 1180 square feet. A front unit that follows the beveled façade of the building, each room has a great view to the outside with ample windows and a balcony accessible from the living/dining area. The master bedroom measures 10'9" by 13'7" and the second 10' by 11'10." The kitchen is U-shaped with double sink, extended counter space and a large pass-through with breakfast bar. A hallway coat closet and walk-in storage area next to the bathroom expand the bedroom closet space.
- The Prince incorporates the beveled corner of the building into the floorplan of the living/dining area with a large window that offers a great view. The spacious master bedroom measures 11'6" by 14'3" and the second measures 10' by 9'10." The apartment includes a private balcony and three large hallway closets.
- The Hanover's spacious bedrooms of 12' by 13'8" and 10'10" by 15'11" feature large windows and spacious closets. Three closets in the hallway plus a linen cupboard near the bathroom provide generous storage.
- The Salem at 1200 square feet features a spacious L-shaped kitchen with extra counter space and a double sink. The bedrooms measure 15'8" by 10' and 12'5" by 10.' A private balcony is accessible from the large living/dining area. A hall coat closet and bathroom linen cupboard add to the storage area.
Conveniently situated at 145 Commercial Street, this rental complex is one of the area's best kept secrets. Tenants can enjoy a classy enclave placed in a prime waterfront setting. From the classy, cosmopolitan building, tenants can enjoy gorgeous views of the waterfront and the cityscape. Nearby, residents will discover boutique shopping, trendy restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Boasting of plenty of natural light, many of these units offer fantastic views of the surrounding area.
Designed to create a new ideal in rental living, this property boasts of luxury features and desirable amenities. Tenants can enjoy having well-appointed interiors and large closets while they live at the site. In addition, residents can take advantage of a lounge, grilling station and entertainment room at this award-winning property.
Amenities to Fall in Love With
The exact amenities in each apartment can vary depending on the building that they are in and the specific floor plan. In general, residents can expect modern, upscale accents in every unit. Protected through controlled entry access, these units boast of centralized heating and cooling systems.
Throughout the apartment, tenants will discover laminate wood and tile flooring. Many units provide views of the waterfront and metropolitan area. As an added convenience, the management team has ensured that every unit includes the price of utilities.
Outfitted with large, floor-to-ceiling windows, these apartments are filled with natural light throughout the day. Within these airy interiors, residents will discover generous closet space. The well-appointed layouts are designed to maximize every inch of floor space.
Within the chef-grade kitchens, residents can enjoy having plenty of space and luxurious features. Outfitted with a gas range, the kitchens contain luxurious cabinetry and granite Corian counters. All of the modern kitchens are outfitted with stainless steel appliances. Meanwhile, many of the update bathrooms boast of ceramic tile. Certain units are equipped with sleek hardwood floors. In addition, select apartments offer gorgeous balcony spaces for reading a book or relaxing as the sun sets.
Tenants at the complex can select from one-bedroom and two-bedroom layouts. Spanning a total of 151 units, this property stands five stories tall. While it was originally constructed in 1970, it was recently renovated in January of 2010 for a more modern, luxurious design concept. Other than security features like controlled access and an on-site manager, the property is also protected through a video patrol.
Equipped with high speed internet access, these smoke-free units have individualized heating and air conditioning units. The kitchens are equipped with dishwashers, garbage disposals, microwaves, oven ranges and refrigerators. Select units are designed to be wheelchair accessible. The units are available in sizes ranging from 680 to 1,200 square feet.
Features at the Property
At this rental complex, tenants will discover luxury-style amenities. These include a state-of-the fitness center, a club room and a well-landscaped courtyard. Equipped with elevators, this property boasts of laundry facilities and underground garage parking. Placed between the historic North End and Waterfront neighborhoods, this complex is conveniently located for work, school and fun.
Within the newly designed fitness center, tenants will discover Nautilus equipment and a wide range of cardio machines. The high-impact fitness center is a popular option for residents when they need to unwind after a long day. For other workout options, tenants can check out the Freedom Trail and Harbor Walk next to the complex. Meanwhile, the gorgeous solarium was recently renovated and enjoys views of the Boston Harbor.
At this award-winning community, tenants can enjoy having an entertainment room for playing games or spending time with their guests. In the luxurious sky lounge, tenants can enjoy sweeping views of the surrounding area. On sunnier days, residents can check out the gated garden patio. Designed with a grilling station, this patio is the perfect place to barbecue during the warmer weather.
Boasting of a pet-friendly rental policy, this property is run by a professional management team. The on-site management team offers 24-hour emergency maintenance to help tenants solve any problem. In addition, the management team has ensured that online payments are available as an added convenience.
At this smoke-free community, tenants can enjoy a more relaxed pace of life. Bicyclists can enjoy having bicycle storage available at the site. In addition, the complex is equipped with a laundry care suite. Residents can enjoy having a game room and a courtyard area as well.
Reasons to Live at This Complex
With newly renovated units, this property offers a one-of-a-kind experience for renters. It has perfected the art of living for a thoroughly modern lifestyle. Tenants come from all over the neighborhood to find units in this hidden gem.
Fitness for Everyone: The state-of-the-art fitness center is one of the best places to enjoy a workout. Outfitted with all of the standard equipment, this fitness center is open 24 hours a day. In addition, tenants are in the perfect location for jogging, biking and walking. Next the building, residents will find many pathways and jogging trails for their morning workout.
Luxury Living Made Easy: All of these units have luxury fixtures and well-appointed layouts. The goal of the property management team was to create a luxurious, contemporary rental. After the complex was redesigned in 2010, the units were given a fresh makeover. Tenants will find chef-grade kitchens, waterfront views, upscale access and large closets. From stainless steel appliances to premium flooring, these apartments offer a superior style of living.
Outdoor Space: When the weather is chilly and cold, residents can get their daily dose of sunshine in the on-site solarium. Once the weather warms up, there is plenty of outdoor space to enjoy at the property. This complex is equipped with a garden patio and grilling station for cooking a barbecue or sunbathing. Plus, select apartments boast of private balconies that offer views of the water and the city.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!
Our website provides FREE access to the largest real estate database in the Boston area! This database includes not only our listings, but literally ALL of the largest real estate brokerages in the Boston area post listings to the system as well!