1&3 Chauncy Street
In Cambridge, you can take your pick from a vast array of luxury apartment buildings. However, few offer the historic ambiance and impeccable style of Charles Chauncy. This historic building features a distinctive red brick exterior with white quoins and mullions. Located in the heart of Cambridge, this development offers upscale living for discerning Bostonians. Let Boston City Properties help you snag the perfect home at this exciting development.
Named after a former president of Harvard University, Charles Chauncy is one of the most unique luxury apartment communities in Cambridge. Just a short walk away from Harvard, MIT and other schools and businesses, this well-preserved building boasts a thoroughly modern and completely updated interior loaded with first-rate amenities and a variety of spacious, well-appointed apartment homes.
Charles Chauncy strikes a great balance between thoughtful amenities and affordable big city living. Residents of this controlled-access building love being right in the center of the action in this bustling neighborhood. There's something about living in a historically significant building in one of the most historic cities in the world, and it attracts city dwellers that want something a little different.
Some especially notable amenities offered by Charles Chauncy include:
- Fitness Center - Like any busy, on-the-go Boston resident, you probably struggle to find time to squeeze in workouts. Imagine how much easier it will be once you make Charles Chauncy your home. The building boasts a modern, well-equipped fitness center that's open around the clock. No matter what kind of schedule you keep, you will always have a place to work up a sweat.
- Parking - While you certainly don't need a car to get by in Boston, owning one is a nice perk. Of course, there's always the issue of finding secure parking. As a resident of Charles Chauncy, however, you won't have to worry about it. On-site parking is available for all residents, so you won't have to waste your time searching around for parking spots.
- Maintenance Guarantee - Many apartment communities offer 24-hour emergency maintenance. Unfortunately, it's easy to promise something like that and entirely different to make good on it. You'll be relieved to know that Charles Chauncy offers a 24-hour maintenance guarantee. In the unlikely event that maintenance doesn't respond when you need it, you will be compensated in some way. With this guarantee in place, there's no doubt that residents enjoy very responsive service.
Big city apartments are notorious for being akin to tiny, cramped shoe boxes. Charles Chauncy makes short work of that stereotype by offering some of the most spacious one-, two- and four-bedroom apartments in Cambridge. Each type of apartment is offered in multiple open floor plans too, making it easy to zero in on the perfect configuration. Each unit boasts upgraded touches and amenities, so you will feel at home as soon as you move in.
A few more facts to know about apartments at Charles Chauncy include:
- Types - At Charles Chauncy, you can choose from one-, two- and four-bedroom apartment homes. One-bedroom units offer around 600 square feet of space. Two-bedroom apartments offer around 700 square feet. If you need even more elbow room, four-bedroom units offer around 1,400 square feet of space. Many different layouts are offered, and some units have two bathrooms.
- Custom Closets - Staying organized is a snap at Charles Chauncy. All apartments offer a variety of spacious closets. Custom closets with clever organizational features let you keep your stuff neat, tidy and packed securely away. By leasing an apartment in this popular building, you will never have to worry about a lack of storage space again.
- Upscale Touches - More than anything, it's the small touches that make the apartments at Charles Chauncy so special. Kitchens feature custom white painted cabinets for a contemporary, chic look that you will love. Granite counters, stainless steel appliances and breakfast bars all up the ante in a big way. Throughout all units, you will find premium hardwood floors, recessed lighting and many other subtle yet sophisticated features.
Locate Your New Apartment at Charles Chauncy with Boston City Properties
Like many people, you may be dreading the idea of tracking down a new apartment in Cambridge. If you have your eye on Charles Chauncy, the team at Boston City Properties is here to help. By availing yourself of our unbeatable expertise and superior knowledge, you can quickly locate a first-rate apartment in this historic building. Contact us today to get started!
Conveniently located in the center of one of the top university towns in the country, this apartment building offers fine living close to top-notch schools, luxury and boutique retail stores, restaurants, and public transportation. The surrounding Cambridge neighborhood is one that artfully blends historic charm with modern living, which gives community members the rare opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds. Those craving a contemporary lifestyle will find it both in and around the building, which is filled with a number of desirable amenities and trendy finishing touches. The mid-rise building stands out from the rest at first glance, as its picturesque brick façade fits in with the original architectural character of the neighborhood. The apartments and common features, however, exude luxury and fashionable daily living.
The detail found on the building’s exterior continues inside, where the interior, and that of many of the unit’s apartments, have recently been renovated. Prospective tenants can choose from either a one-bedroom or two-bedroom apartment, and each comes with a set of standard features. For an added fee, residents can choose to upgrade to higher-end fixtures and the best locations in the building. Shiny wood floors, gas stoves and free hot water are just a few of the amenities that residents can look forward to. Apartment rental payments and transactions can be made electronically for residents’ convenience, and everyone will have access to the building’s 24-hour maintenance services.
Between working out, hanging out and getting around, the building’s community benefits cater to the whole lifestyle, and living here certainly entails more than just having a place to go to sleep. Heating and central air, which are commodities in the area’s luxury residential buildings, are found in all apartments. The building keeps residents’ safety in mind with controlled building access, and there is an onsite parking garage for people who have cars. From the residence it takes just minutes to reach Harvard and MIT. Public transit, namely in the form of the T, is available close by at the Harvard Square T Stop, which is virtually right out the door. The location of the building has a walking score of 94 out of 100, which is apparent with the ease with which one can reach restaurants, shops, and cultural attractions in the vicinity. Additional onsite conveniences available to residents are a fitness center that has cardio and weight machines for a full-body workout, and a laundry facility.
Along with the group benefits of living here, residents can enjoy a variety of bonus features in their own apartments. Some notable amenities in the apartment are polished hardwood floors, marble floors in the bathrooms, elegant crown molding and custom cabinets that are painted white. The kitchens have stylish and durable granite countertops, and they also have a breakfast bar that can be turned into a casual seating area with a few high-backed chairs or bar stools. Glistening stainless steel appliances, including brand-name ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators, are bonus features in every kitchen. The bedrooms and hallways have custom-designed closets that are both functional and stylish, and the living areas are equipped with recessed lighting.
In this apartment building, residents have the option of renting a one-bedroom, two-bedroom, or four-bedroom apartment. The one-bedroom apartments are sized between 700 SF and 703 SF. They are priced between $3,095 and $3,250 per month. Each one-bedroom apartment has a single full bathroom. The two-bedroom apartments start at 703 SF, and the four-bedroom units are 1,377 SF or more. The one-bedrooms are among the most popular options. They vary slightly in size and amenities, and are located in different floors across the building. For a smaller one-bedroom unit, the floor plan consists of a bedroom that is 10’ x 12’3.” The bedroom has a large window that draws in sunlight and offers good views of Cambridge. The bedroom has a long coat closet with double doors that is perfectly sized for storing and organizing the season’s attire. The adjacent bonus room has a dimension of 11’9” x 8’6.” This room has a versatile layout and can be used for a variety of purposes, such as a home office, a library, or a guest bedroom. The bathroom also has a window that brings in plenty of natural light during the day, while stylish lighting fixtures take over lighting after dark. Next to the bathroom is a hall closet that makes a perfect linen closet. A main room that is 10’ x 12’2” can function as a dining room, a living room, or both. This room has two picture windows, and it includes a small but functional kitchen that is equipped with a standard set of stainless steel appliances as well as extra counter space for assembling meals.
The two-bedroom and four-bedroom units are equally adept for functional and high-quality daily living and comfortable sleeping. There are a variety of options for each category, such as elegant wooden cabinets in the kitchens and hardwood floors. Gas stoves are also a commodity that is found in some of the larger two-bedroom and four-bedroom apartments. Along with large windows, the units are brightened by overhead recessed lights, which are strategically placed in the living room, the kitchen, and the front entryway. The kitchens also have custom overhead lights, which makes for a brighter, safer, and more cheerful place to cook. High countertops on the islands with an extended countertop off the back makes them perfectly sized for adding in matching high-back chairs or stools to create a simple dining area for snacks and quick meals. Many of the units have been recently renovated, and some are still receiving their final finishing touches. When all are done, they will be equipped with other luxury commodities like stainless steel and brand-name fixtures and appliances. Regardless of size, all of the apartments also have microwaves and organic waste disposals in their kitchens. Another prime feature of the apartments are the bathrooms, which are spacious and have beautiful marble flooring. Some of the bathrooms in the apartments have windows, which provides even more opportunity for admiring views of Cambridge and the community. Apartments of all sizes are ready for residents’ favorite decorations with versatile designs and neutral wall colors. Their space is emphasized by an open design, which also makes hosting parties and entertaining guests effortless. Like the outside of the building, the apartments have been tastefully restored in a manner that retains their authentic charm while accommodating modern conveniences that are requested and expected by those seeking a luxury lifestyle.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!
Our website provides FREE access to the largest real estate database in the Boston area! This database includes not only our listings, but literally ALL of the largest real estate brokerages in the Boston area post listings to the system as well!