Third Square Apartments
285 Third St
If you’re apartment hunting and focusing your search on Cambridge’s bustling Kendall Square neighborhood, you are in for an uphill battle. Like the neighboring city of Boston, Cambridge’s real estate and rental markets have been booming for some time—and that’s often bad news for buyers and renters. One reliable place to consider is Third Square, which is located on 3rd Street. Vacancies are generally available, but finding the perfect thing is still tricky. Get the help that you need by connecting with Boston City Properties.
Boston City Properties maintains one of the most comprehensive online databases of searchable Massachusetts real estate listings around. You can get free, unlimited access in seconds. Just complete and submit the simple form to begin. Our database isn’t limited to providing information about properties for sale. It includes up-to-the-second listings for apartments that are currently available for rent throughout greater Boston and across the state. If you want to find an apartment in this building, searching our listings is a great first step.
With nearly 300 units, this eight-story building is one of the largest of its kind in this part of Cambridge. Built in 2008, it is still fairly new, and the building is in excellent repair. Units here tend to be a bit on the small side, and rent prices are a bit higher than average. However, residents of this development enjoy access to a host of excellent services and amenities, and apartments are loaded with features too.
Because this development was built within the last decade, it is new enough to have been affected by the boom in the popularity of luxury apartment and condo buildings. As result, it was designed all along to offer exceptional amenities and services to residents. This is clearly evident when you consider just a handful of the top examples, which include:
- Heated indoor pool – A rarity for a large development in a major metro area like greater Boston, this building boasts its very own heated indoor swimming pool. Unlike many buildings, which typically have outdoor pools that can only be used part of the year, this development’s pool is available to residents year round.
- 24-hour concierge – Day or night, if you need help as a resident of this development, just contact the concierge. Like many luxury Boston apartment buildings, this development has its own 24-hour on-site concierge. The days of struggling to get a hold of management will be over.
- Underground garage parking – If you have a car, you need a safe, reliable place to park it. In a bustling city like Cambridge, underground garages are the most secure. As a resident of this building, you will be able to secure a spot in the garage for your vehicle, making life so much easier.
- Business center – Rather than tie up a bunch of your private space with a desk, printer and other things that you rarely use, avail yourself of the equipment and seclusion of this development’s business center. Residents enjoy unrestricted use of the well-stocked business center, so they can take care of work or school obligations as needed.
- Controlled access – As a gated and highly secure building, this development is designed to keep residents and everyone within its walls as safe as possible. Access to the premises is controlled via keys, electronic locks and other high-tech devices. The 24-hour concierge adds an extra layer of security too as the grounds are never left unmanned. When compared with many similar developments around the city, this one receives high marks for safety and security.
Given that this building houses nearly 300 apartments, you have probably already guessed that there is plenty of variety. This is true, but it doesn’t mean that all of these options are available at all times. The only way to know is by checking current availability for this development, which can be easily done by signing up and searching Boston City Properties’ listings.
As far as apartments in this building go, the offerings are diverse. Studios here offer around 550 to 700 square feet of space, and they current rent for around $2,700 per month. One-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments, meanwhile, offer around 700 to 775 square feet of space; they currently rent out for around $3,100 per month. Two-bedroom units here, which have two bathrooms, offer around 1,000 to 1,500 square feet of space. Currently, these apartments rent for around $3,800 to $5,200 per month. Finally, there are also a few three-bedroom, two-bathroom units here offering around 1,500 square feet. These currently rent for around $5,200 per month.
Even if it appears that this building has apartments that suit your budget and basic needs in terms of size, they may not fill the bill in other ways. This is why it’s so important to check out plenty of options in any given neighborhood. Boston City Properties can connect you with a real estate agent who can identify similar options in this part of Cambridge.
At any rate, some of the most notable features that are found in apartments here include:
- In-unit washer and dryer – All units here have washers and dryers. This is becoming more and more common and standard among apartment developments, but it is still a notable thing because it saves residents so much time and energy.
- High ceilings – Most units in this development boast ceilings that are as high as 12 feet. In many cases, these are also vaulted ceilings, which add even more elegance and spaciousness.
- Oversize windows – Massive windows are fairly ubiquitous among units in this building. They make apartments feel more open and spacious, provide great views of the city and allow in lots of natural light.
- Walk-in closets – You won’t struggle to find storage space when you rent an apartment here. All units have at least one walk-in closet; larger apartments have more than one. Needless to say, these don’t have to be reserved strictly for clothes, so they provide valuable added storage for space-conscious renters.
- Furnished units – Conveniently, this development offers furnished apartments for an additional monthly fee. If you need a furnished place in this part of Cambridge, this building is probably your best bet.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Although vacancies tend to pop up in this building fairly often, the more popular configurations in particular tend to be snapped up fast. The only way to stack the cards in your favor is by having access to timely, accurate information—and by getting reliable help. When you sign up with Boston City Properties, you get all of that and more. Search our listings to check current availability for apartments in this building. Check out photos and in-depth descriptions to identify apartments that suit your needs. When you’re ready to go look, we’ll refer you to a real estate expert who can help. In the meantime, contact Boston City Properties with any questions.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!