350 3rd St
Are you apartment hunting in or near Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA? Do yourself a favor and connect with Boston City Properties. Depending on what you need, The Watermark, which is conveniently located on Third Street, may be worth considering. The best way to find out is by signing up for free access to our online resources. This is a large property with more than 300 units, but competition for vacancies is often fierce. With our help, you’re far more likely to secure exactly what you need.
Why does it pay to sign up with us? We maintain one of the largest online databases of searchable Massachusetts real estate listings, which includes listings for apartments that are currently available for rent throughout greater Boston. We’ll give you unlimited access right away for free—just complete and submit the easy signup form. Our website is loaded with many additional useful resources, and we can connect you with local real estate agents who can help you secure the right apartment in this building.
Located on busy Third Street in Cambridge’s trendy Kendall Square neighborhood, this development is among the best-known of its kind in the city. Built in 2006, it was developed prior to the major uptick in demand for luxury apartments. However, units and the premises have been extensively updated through the years. Standing 23 stories tall and boasting 321 apartment homes, this building is popular with everyone from small families to students to single working professionals.
Rent prices for apartments in this building are a bit on the higher end of the scale. You get a lot of room for the price, though, and it’s also important to take the property’s amenities into consideration. It might be that this building offers the right combination of services and amenities for you; on the other hand, it might lack something that you can’t do without.
Some of the most notable amenities that are available to residents of this development include:
- Rooftop deck – While rooftop decks are fairly ubiquitous among newly built apartment buildings in the city, they weren’t as widespread when this one was built. However, since it’s a fairly tall building, it’s nice that one is included. Dubbed the “Skydeck,” the rooftop deck here is located on the 21st floor. It is equipped with comfortable furniture and other features that make it a great place for relaxing or for hanging out with friends.
- Furnished units – Should you be in the market for a furnished apartment, you may be able to find what you need here. Furnished units are available, and the extra fee is fairly reasonable. This is a terrific option or people who are just going to be in the city for the short term or who just don’t want to deal with the hassle of owning furniture.
- Pets allowed – This development has a fairly generous pet policy, with dogs and cats both being allowed. As is the case across most buildings like this, however, weight and breed restrictions may apply, and you are limited to a maximum of two pets. Pet rent is also charged, so you will pay a bit more per month depending on how many pets you have.
- Fitness center – No reputable Boston-area apartment development would dare go without an on-site fitness center. This building is no exception, and its fitness center includes a nice mix of cardio and strength-training equipment.
- Outdoor features – You’ll enjoy access to lots of great outdoor features as a resident of this building. A large, finely landscaped courtyard offers a nice place to break away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Part of it has been made into a Zen garden, which is a thoughtful touch, and there’s a designated grilling area too.
- Security – Access to the building is strictly controlled by a state-of-the-art security system. This development also has a concierge, which adds another layer of security.
With more than 300 units across its 23 stories, it is easy to assume that this building must offer a huge variety of options in terms of bedroom and bathroom configurations. However, this building is limited to two primary options: one-bedroom apartments and two-bedroom apartments. Within these two categories, however, you can choose from a variety of floorplans depending on what’s available.
In this building, one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments offer anywhere from 700 to 1,000 square feet of space. Currently, they rent out for $2,700 to $4,300 per month. Two-bedroom units, which have two bathrooms, offer around 1,200 square feet of space. Monthly rent has been averaging between $3,400 and $5,000 for such units.
In addition to offering a veritable smorgasbord of great amenities and features across the building itself, this development has designed its apartments thoughtfully and with care. These units tend to be larger than what you’d typically get for the price, and many floor plans and configurations are available.
Some of the most notable features that are found in most apartments in this building include:
- High-end flooring – All too often, otherwise nice apartments are drastically reduced in quality due to low-cost flooring. Carpet has largely fallen out of favor, and that’s reflected by the chic hardwood flooring that is found throughout most of the apartments in this development. Likewise, tile floors in the bathroom and kitchen are made out of top-notch materials, ensuring comfort and quality.
- Gourmet kitchens – You won’t mind cooking dinner regularly when you make this Cambridge apartment building your home. All units include gourmet kitchens that are loaded with high-end, exceptional features. You will enjoy the use of top-quality stainless steel appliances that have high energy efficiency ratings. Granite counters lend these kitchens chic, modern appearances, and some floorplans include kitchen islands.
- Great Views – Apartments that are located on higher floors of this building afford excellent views of Cambridge and, in some cases, the Boston skyline.
- In-unit washer and dryer – You don’t have to worry about popping quarters into machines to get the clothes clean when living in this development. All units include washers and dryers, and these are also state-of-the-art appliances.
- Underground garage parking – Never worry about finding a place to park your car again by renting an apartment in this building. The development offers convenient underground garage parking with direct access to the complex, so there’s no need to brave the elements. Note that an extra monthly fee applies.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Renting an apartment in Cambridge’s vibrant Kendall Square neighborhood doesn’t have to be an uphill battle. Whether you want an apartment in this building or in another one nearby or elsewhere in metro Boston, Boston City Properties can help. Sign up to search our listings, which you can do right away. Contact us later for a referral to a local agent who can take you to look at apartments and more. Call Boston City Properties for more information.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!