98 Walnut Street
For exceptional luxury apartment living in Somerville’s vibrant Assembly Row, look no further than Miscela. Situated at 98 Walnut Street in Block 8 of the exciting new neighborhood, this luxury apartment development is next to the Assembly Square MBTA Orange Line station. Tucked between Montaje, a luxury apartment and retail tower opening in Spring 2021, and a new 825,000 square foot office and retail building housing the North American headquarters of PUMA, Miscela consists of a 24-story tower – the tallest in Somerville – with 500 apartments. The 525,300-square-foot mixed-use development also includes 26,400 square feet of ground-floor restaurant and retail space.
- Address: 98 Walnut Street Somerville, MA 02143
- Neighborhood: Assembly Row
- Year Built: 2021
- 24-story building, 500 units
The centerpiece of the third-phase expansion of Assembly Row, The Miscela now occupies the area formerly known as Block 8. Numerous tenants have already opened their doors in the complex, including Sephora, the lead tenant, CVS, Pure Barre, Warby Parker, Yakitoro Tattoo and Shake Shack. Construction of the live/work/play destination began in March 2019, and leasing started in April 2021. As of October 2021, the building was 50% leased.
As the newest luxury apartment development at Assembly Row, The Miscela distinguishes itself through its comprehensive array of upscale amenities. In addition to offering 500 on-site vehicle parking spaces and bike storage, the premises include a fourth-floor courtyard with an outdoor swimming pool and cabanas; a 24th-floor outdoor terrace; a fitness center; a speakeasy lounge; and co-working spaces. The name of the complex, Miscela, comes from an Italian word meaning “eclectic collection,” which refers to the mix of work, play and residential features within its walls.
- Two-story loft-style resident lounge with private cabins and fireplace
- Fourth-floor courtyard with outdoor swimming pool, cabanas, fire pit and BBQ grills
- 24th-floor outdoor rooftop terrace with views of Boston skyline, Mystic River and more
- Fitness center with Crossfit-style gym, spin studio and yoga deck
- “Hidden” speakeasy lounge
- Parking garage with 500 vehicle spaces and bicycle storage
Apartment Features and Options
The Miscela features 500 luxury apartment residences, including penthouse units on floors 22 through 24. A variety of floorplans is available. Options range from studio units to three-bedroom apartment homes, and rents are expected to range from around $2,200 to approximately $6,000 per month.
All apartments at The Miscela include the following features:
- Quartz counters and custom tile work in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Oversize windows
- High ceilings
- Resilient wood plank flooring throughout
- Walk-in closets
- Some units include private patios, Juliet balconies or larger balconies
Penthouse units at The Miscela include expanded one- and two-bedroom floorplans and the following features:
- Upgraded bespoke finishes
- 12-foot ceilings
- Kitchens with two finish options, stone counters, custom tile backsplashes, Moen fixtures, black hardware and stainless steel GE appliances
- Bathrooms with upgraded marble floors, bathtub and shower walls
- Chic roller shades
Leasing is now underway for luxury apartments at The Miscela, and units are being occupied quickly. If you’d like to move into the hottest new residential complex at Assembly Row in Somerville, contact Boston City Properties today for more information.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!
Our website provides FREE access to the largest real estate database in the Boston area! This database includes not only our listings, but literally ALL of the largest real estate brokerages in the Boston area post listings to the system as well!