65 Lewis Street
Slip65 is a luxury condominium building housing 80 upscale and spacious new units. Since the project was first announced in 2016, Boston City Properties has been keeping a close eye on its progress. Even though the complex won’t open until Fall 2018, all of its condos have been sold or are under agreement as of January 2018. If you are interested in eventually owning a condo here, it never hurts to start planning early—let Boston City Properties lend a hand.
Why connect with Boston City Properties when seeking to buy a condo in this highly anticipated new building at Jeffries Point? When seeking real estate in a highly competitive market like Boston’s, it pays to arm yourself with as many resources and as much information as possible. Needless to say, you should acquire these things from reputable sources. When you connect with us, you get all of that and much more.
Although all of the units in this development’s condo building have been claimed, you are not out of luck. As time passes, some will appear back on the market. When they do, you’ll find them quickly through Boston City Properties’ convenient online database of searchable MA real estate listings. You don’t have to pay a dime to use it; just sign up using the easy form, and you’re good to go. Additionally, we can refer you to skilled real estate agents whenever you’re ready, and our site is loaded with useful resources.
Located on the East Boston waterfront, one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in the city, this luxury condo development offers 80 finely appointed and delightfully spacious condominiums. With its prime location on the Inner Harbor, the building affords its residents incredible views of the Boston skyline as well as of the North End waterfront. Units in this building boast open-concept floorplans, chef-level gourmet kitchens, floor-to-ceiling windows and many thoughtful and exquisite touches, and they are offered in one- and two-bedroom configurations.
As for the condo complex itself, it is housed in a newly constructed building that is part of Phase One of the exciting Clippership Wharf mixed-use development. As you can probably guess on your own, the building offers a host of amenities, features and services for residents, ensuring that the units themselves aren’t the only draw. Among its many features, the building offers secure underground garage parking; a stunning lobby with a concierge; an outdoor grill area; bike storage and more. A pet-friendly building, it also boasts an on-site dog run.
About Clippership Wharf
If you are thinking about buying a condo in this building, you should know that it is just one part of what will eventually be a massive multiple-building complex. Dubbed Clippership Wharf, the mixed-use development is nearing the completion of its first phase of construction, which includes the luxury condo building. All told, the first phase includes three buildings. Two of them house 284 luxury apartment homes, and the other houses the 80 luxury condos. Phase Two will add 114 more residential units, which may turn out to be condos, apartments or a combination of both.
Residential housing is just one aspect of this ambitious mixed-use development, which sprawls across a 12-acre site in the heart of East Boston’s burgeoning Jeffries Point district. Plans include 30,200 square feet of retail space along the ground floor of the complex. Already, it is expected that a café and a waterfront restaurant will be opening for business before too long. If you are fortunate enough to secure a condo here, then, you will always be just steps away from an array of services.
To make the most of the complex’s prime location along the Inner Harbor, developers have included a full four acres of open outdoor space in the plans. Part of these four acres incorporates a segment of the East Boston Harborwalk, producing a fluid pathway for both residents, visitors of the development and passersby. In this way, Clippership Wharf will be designed to integrate with the waterfront and surrounding area as seamlessly and naturally as possible. Upon completion, this corner of the city will look and feel completely different.
If you don’t own a car, you probably haven’t wondered at all about the parking situation at this mixed-use development. It does include an underground parking garage, but the garage is overwhelmingly reserved for residents of the complex. Altogether, the garage will include 320 parking spaces. 300 of these spaces will be reserved for residents of Clippership Wharf; the other 20 will be open to the public. With water taxis and many other forms of public transportation readily available, this should afford more than enough parking.
As of January 2018, all 80 condos in this development have been sold or are under agreement. However, if you want to live here, there are other ways to do so. This development includes hundreds of apartments, and Boston City Properties can help you find one to rent. Additionally, the next and final phase of construction will add more than 100 more residential units. No word has been given yet about whether they will be condos, apartments or both. Either way, you can easily check availability when the time comes by searching our listings.
Condo Types and Prices
Plenty of information is available out there about the condos at this luxury building. Unfortunately, all of them have been claimed; in the meantime, however, we can provide you with basic information about the units here.
While the apartment buildings in this development offer studios as well as one- and two-bedroom apartments, the condo building here offers only one- and two-bedroom models. With that being said, these units boast elegant open-concept floorplans that lend them ample amounts of spaciousness.
One-bedroom, one-bathroom condos at this development offer around 750 square feet of space. On average, they have been selling for around $750,000. Meanwhile, two-bedroom, two-bathroom units here offer around 1,050 square feet of space. These units typically sell for anywhere from $1 million to $1.5 million. The ones on the higher end are penthouse units, and units with better views of the harbor and city tend to fetch top dollar too.
Even if your budget can accommodate the high price tag of buying a condo at Slip65, the purchase price is just one aspect of the cost of owning a place here. In addition to the usual utilities, this development charges a monthly condo fee to residents. On top of paying upwards of $700 to $1,200 per square foot for a place here, then, you should also allow for anywhere from $450 to $1,100 per month to cover condo fees. These fees are used to pay for the many services and amenities that go along with living at Clippership Wharf, and this is par for the course when owning a condo in Boston.
The best way to learn about the features of condos in this luxury building is by searching Boston City Properties’ listings. Listings for these condos include in-depth details, tons of photos as well as floorplans and virtual tours. Individual units vary, so it’s important to look at specific listings for specific units. With that being said, all condos in this building share certain features, so you can at least familiarize yourself with these right away. Remember that we can refer you to real estate agents who can answer any questions that you have about these condos:
- Open-concept floorplans – Given the high price tags of these units, it makes sense that some are a bit surprised by how relatively little space they offer. However, real estate prices involve more than just space; in this case, location and amenities add a lot of value. Although units here aren’t massive by any stretch of the imagination, they have clever open-concept floorplans that make the most of the space that is there. Clean, contemporary design and huge windows enhance this quality, lending units lots of light and space.
- Walk-in closets – Another thing that makes these units feel much larger is the inclusion of one or more walk-in closets. Depending on whether you opt for a one- or two-bedroom and on other variables, your condo may even include more than one. As anyone who has lived in cramped city conditions can attest, closet space makes up for a lot—and you get plenty of it in this building. You don’t even have to tie it up storing your bike because the development offers bike storage.
- Parking spaces – Just like all major cities, Boston is notoriously difficult to manage for people who own vehicles. In particular, being able to reliably find a place to park every night is huge—and finding affordable parking is even huger. Every condo unit in this building comes with one reserved parking space in the underground garage. If you own a car, then, you can rest easy in the knowledge that your condo fee includes this privilege. The development will also offer on-site zip car service for those who don’t own cars but need to use them here and there.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows – A considerable percentage of the units in this building offer stunning views of either the city or of the North Boston waterfront. Whether the unit that you buy has a great view or not, you can be certain that it will have massive floor-to-ceiling windows. Even the one-bedroom units, which only offer around 750 square feet of living space, feel much larger and more open thanks to these huge windows. You will love the light, airy feel that these windows add to these units.
- Chef-level kitchens – We know, we know: Nearly every luxury condo building brags about its kitchens, and many of them are decidedly underwhelming. That’s not the case at all with units in this building, happily. Their kitchens are truly state of the art, with energy-efficient, stainless steel Whirlpool appliances, exquisite quartz countertops, intricate tile backsplashes and more. These high-end kitchens also feature eye-catching custom cabinetry and elegant hardware and other details. As is the case throughout these units, light easily streams into the kitchen, and top-notch lighting fixtures ensure around-the-clock style.
- Private balconies – Before you get too excited, please note that only select units in this building include this feature. Those that do, however, truly offer the best of the best. Not surprisingly, the penthouse units in this development offer private balconies; a handful of others do too. While the floor-to-ceiling windows, which are in all units, add a whole lot, having your own private balcony takes things to a whole other level. If you want to buy a condo around here with a private balcony, Boston City Properties can connect you with an agent who can help.
Condo Building: Top Amenities and Services
When you pony up the money to not only buy a unit in this development but to pay the monthly condo fees, you don’t just gain access to a stunning luxury condo home. You also enjoy around-the-clock access to a host of incredible on-site amenities and services that are reserved strictly for residents of this condo building. These are in addition to the many services and amenities that you’ll enjoy within Clippership Wharf as a whole, so it is important to keep them in mind when deciding whether or not to buy a place here.
Some of the most notable features of this condo development include:
- Lobby with concierge – The lobby of the condo development, which is housed in its own separate building at Clippership Wharf, is truly state of the art in design. As a resident, you will feel good about walking through such a beautiful space whenever you enter or leave the building. Better still, the lobby is staffed by a concierge who can assist you with an array of things. It is unclear at this point whether this is a 24/7 concierge or one that is available during regular business hours. Either way, this is a terrific perk.
- Fitness center – We probably don’t even need to tell you that this complex includes a top-of-the-line fitness center for condo residents. If you currently pay for a gym membership, you will enjoy cancelling it and saving a little money. Once the entire mixed-use development is complete, it may even include another gym that you could use as well.
- Lounge with kitchen – Anyone who is accustomed to cramped city living knows how stressful it can be to try to plan get-togethers involving more than a few people. For occasions when you want to entertain, you can avail yourself of the condo building’s top-notch lounge. It includes a full kitchen, so you can easily prepare drinks, snacks and even meals for your guests. Whether for parties or just casual gatherings, the lounge is a nice addition.
- Outdoor grilling area – Although this feature only comes into play for roughly half the year or so, it is really nice to have when available! The grounds of Slip65 include a nice little outdoor grilling area for residents. People are often disappointed about not being able to grill outdoors when living in a condo or apartment building. Although you can’t have you own setup here, you can avail yourself of his outdoor grilling area as needed. On summer days or evenings, how nice will it be to cook up some burgers or hot dogs?
- Bike storage – If you are into cycling, you already know that things are getting better and better for cyclists in the city of Boston. For some time now, most luxury apartment and condo buildings have taken steps to accommodate cyclists by offering certain amenities. This building is no exception, as it offers secure, separate bike storage for residents. Rather than have to bring your bike up and down to and from your unit all the time, you will have a convenient, secure place to store it when not in use.
- Dog park – No major luxury apartment or condo building in Boston can afford to turn up its nose at pets. In fact, most have enthusiastically jumped onto the spoil-your-pets bandwagon and now offer many truly useful and helpful pet-related services. With more than four acres of outdoor space included in the overall mixed-use development, there was ample room for the addition of a dog park. If you own a dog, then, you will always have a safe and convenient place to let it frolic when you can’t go out for actual walks.
- Parking garage and transportation – Conveniently, this building was constructed recently enough to have taken steps to accommodate people who rely on various modes of transportation. Below the condo building itself, there is a vast underground parking garage. The vast majority of the spaces are reserved for residents of Clippership Wharf. All condo owners get one parking space, and there is a handful of extra spaces for visitors and the public at large. Zip cars are offered on site, and the building is right near water taxis and other forms of public transportation.
- Outdoor features – As a resident of this condo complex, you will enjoy access to a truly unique and enjoyable array of outdoor features. The building is located right on the waterfront, and developers have made the most of this by including a beach area for residents. In the same vicinity, there are floating docks that can be used for launching the selection of recreational kayaks that the building keeps available for residents. That’s right: If the mood strikes and the weather permits, you can walk down from your condo, hop into a kayak and paddle around to your heart’s content.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Like many people, you may be disappointed to have missed your initial opportunity to buy a condo at this wildly popular luxury complex. Only 80 units were initially available, and we here at Boston City Properties weren’t surprised at all when they were snapped up quickly. With all of that being said, we are prepared to help you snag one of these units whenever one becomes available. We will also keep track of the second phase of development and can alert you when and if new condos are in the pipeline.
A few of the ways in which we can help you secure the condo of your dreams in this building or elsewhere in Boston include:
- Listings - Boston City Properties maintains a massive online database of searchable MA real estate listings. Updated around the clock and populated by reputable MLS sources, the database includes listings for condos for sale in luxury buildings like this one. Listings are loaded with detailed info, and we can get answers to any questions that you have.
- Search tool – When you sign up using the simple form, you get free, instant, unlimited access to our powerful search tool. It lets you quickly search our listings for properties that suit your requirements. For starters, you can select the specific neighborhood or neighborhoods that you’d like to search. You can also adjust filters for things like price and square footage to narrow things down more. When a unit that suits your needs becomes available here, it will appear in our listings right away.
- Real estate agent referrals – Another major perk of connecting with Boston City Properties is gaining access to our network of experienced Boston real estate experts. When you are ready to go look at properties, including units at Slip 65, give us a call. We’ll refer you to a local real estate agent who knows the development well and who can help you with everything from arranging tours to getting through negotiations.
Are you ready to make a luxury condo in this gorgeous building in East Boston your new home? Don’t waste your time or energy. Sign up right now to connect with Boston City Properties. For more information, give us a call today.