23 Sydney St
On the hunt for a spacious loft-style apartment in Cambridge? With spacious units, tons of amenities and plenty of perks, loft23 in Cambridge is worth a look. Compared with many apartment buildings in this city—many of which were built within the last five years or so—this one has fairly limited options. The apartment rental market of Cambridge is very competitive to boot, so securing a unit here can be difficult. One way to simplify things is by connecting with Boston City Properties.
Boston City Properties maintains one of the most comprehensive online databases of searchable Massachusetts real estate listings around. It’s just as useful for finding apartments for rent as it is for finding homes for sale, and it is bolstered by a powerful search tool. Updated around the clock, our database offers the best and most reliable way to check current availability for units in this building and others across the city. Gain access now by completing the quick and easy form—it’s completely free, and you can search on an unlimited basis.
Situated on Sidney Street in Cambridgeport and within close proximity of University Park Commons, this development is housed in a modern and eye-catching copper and glass mid-rise building. Built in 2005, it stands six stories tall and houses 50 apartment units, including one-bedroom and two-bedroom homes. Unlike many loft-style developments, this one is in a newly built building as opposed to a converted warehouse.
There are plenty of benefits to becoming a resident of this building. While rents here tend to be more in line with city-wide averages, residents enjoy access to a nice array of amenities and services. Some of the most notable ones include:
- Pets allowed – You can breathe a sigh of relief if you own a cat, a dog or both because furry friends are welcome at this development. As is the case with all apartment complexes in the city, however, you are limited to two pets. Dogs may not weigh more than 75 pounds. Pet rent applies as well, so your rent will be higher.
- Flexible lease options – If you need something other than a traditional one-year lease, you will be glad to know that this development offers an array of flexible lease options. These include short-term leases and extended leases. The latter options often come with perks like discounted rent, so they may be worth looking into if you expect to stay put.
- Fitness center – Avail yourself of the on-site fitness center and stop paying for that expensive gym membership. This development has a state-of-the-art gym for residents, and it is available around the clock. While it may not be quite as elaborate as a standard gym, it includes the basics that you need to get in a good workout.
- 24-hour concierge and maintenance – Whether it’s the middle of the day or the middle of the night, help is always available at this complex. That’s because there is a concierge available around the clock, so someone is always manning the front desk area. Maintenance services are also available on a 24-hour basis, so issues can be addressed regardless of the time of day. With maintenance crews on site at all times, you never have to worry about being left hanging.
- Private park – This building is located in pleasant Cambridgeport, so you can always find a nice place to go for a stroll, a run or a bike ride if the mood strikes. For times when you need fresh air but don’t want to leave the premises, an on-site park provides the perfect escape. Finely landscaped and maintained, this charming little courtyard park adds a touch of nature to this bustling building.
- On-site grocery store – One reason that you’re probably looking in this part of Cambridge is because it’s so convenient. If you rent an apartment in this building, you won’t even have to leave the premises to go grocery shopping. The on-site grocery store is a convenient option for busy residents, and you are sure to appreciate having easy access to it.
Apartments in this development offer ample amounts of space—especially when compared with what you’d typically get in places like downtown Boston. For example, a one-bedroom, one-bathroom unit here offers around 770 square feet of space. This type of apartment currently rents for around $3,000 per month. If you need two bedrooms, this building has two-bedroom, two-bath units that offer around 1,200 square feet of space. Rent averages around $4,000 to $4,500 for these particular units.
One of the top features of any loft-style apartment in this building is its sheer size. While one-bedroom apartments in Cambridge typically offer around 500 square feet, these units offer nearly 800. Of course, space is just one factor to consider when apartment hunting. Other notable features of apartments in this building include:
- In-unit washer and dryer – Stop throwing away your spare cash on laundromats. All units in this building include washers and dryers, so there is no need to haul your dirty clothes anywhere else. Thanks to the spacious design of these units, these appliances fit in easily and don’t get in the way one bit.
- Industrial aesthetics – Housed as they are in a dramatic glass-and-copper mid-rise building, it makes sense that the apartments here have unique layouts and designs. As evidenced by the name of this complex, units here boast loft-style aesthetics. These were designed specifically for the development, however; unlike many loft developments, this one hasn’t been converted from an old warehouse. Units here boast polished concrete floors, massive floor-to-ceiling windows, exposed metal deck ceilings and many other eye-catching elements.
- Built-in storage – Keep your stuff tucked neatly out of sight with built-in in-suite storage. It’s large enough that you may even be able to do away with renting an outside storage unit.
- Elegant kitchens – Kitchens in these units are loaded with nice features, including exquisite glass tile backsplashes and top-notch cabinetry.
- Large bathrooms – Just as the overall living area of the typical apartment in this building is large and spacious, bathrooms in these units are wonderfully roomy too. You will enjoy having a little room to spread out in rather than having to be careful about not accidentally crashing into random objects all the time.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
There is a lot to be said for renting a loft-style apartment in this popular Cambridgeport development. With such a small number of units spread over its six stories, however, vacancies tend to be few and far between. Sign up now for immediate access to Boston City Properties’ listings, and you will be on your way to finding the perfect apartment in Cambridge. Select this city from the list of locations to limit your search there, and then adjust filters to refine your results more. When you’re ready to look, contact Boston City Properties for a referral to a local agent.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!