129 Franklin St
Want to live in a renovated, historic building in the heart of beautiful Cambridge? You can't go wrong with KBL Lofts. This unique apartment development offers premium loft-style living for Boston's most discerning residents. The team at Boston City Properties is well-versed in the available amenities and features of this upscale development, and we can help you find the perfect studio, one-, two- or three-bedroom unit here.
Because it's located in the old F. A. Kennedy Steam Bakery in central Cambridge, KBL Lofts is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The entire building has been completely transformed to give Cambridge residents authentic loft-style living near the heart of it all. Many of the best architectural details have been preserved, allowing residents to enjoy truly unique and elegant surroundings at all times.
KBL Lofts has been developed with demanding big-city dwellers in mind. To compete with the many other luxury apartment developments in the area, KBL Lofts offers a variety of compelling amenities. Private, landscaped gardens provide lovely areas for soaking up some sunshine and getting a breath of fresh air. 24-hour maintenance ensures that everything keeps working properly around the clock.
Additional standout amenities here include:
- Bike Parking and Storage - Bicycling is one of the best ways to get around Cambridge and Boston, but apartment dwellers often struggle to keep their bikes nearby. You won't have to worry about that at KBL Lofts because the community offers safe, convenient bicycle parking and storage. During cycling weather, park your bike in the secure parking area. During the winter, store it away in the convenient bicycle storage area.
- Kids' Space - If you will have little ones in tow or might host small kids from time to time, you'll be pleased to know that KBL Lofts offers a lovely indoor kids' area. The grounds are great for kids when the weather is nice, of course, but it's relieving to know that you can let them blow off steam during inclement weather too. This is also a great place to meet like-minded residents.
- Cardio and Fitness Center - KBL Lofts provides even more value to residents with a complimentary, on-site cardio and fitness center. Open around the clock, the fitness center is loaded with top-notch exercise equipment, including cardio machines and strength training equipment. You will love getting rid of your expensive gym membership and will appreciate the convenience of having a great exercise facility just steps from your apartment.
If space is what you're after, you're going to be beyond thrilled with the offerings at KBL Lofts. Incredibly spacious, light-filled loft apartments in a variety of unique floor plans offer some of the most upscale living in the city. Soaring ceilings and huge windows enhance the spaciousness of these units, which are also loaded with vast walk-in closets and plenty of other storage areas.
A few more facts to know about loft apartments at KBL Lofts include:
- Types - Studios are traditionally tiny, but the studio lofts at KBL Lofts offer 600 to 900 square feet of space. One-bedroom units offer 800 to 1,600 square feet, two-bedroom units offer 1,000 to 1,800 square feet of space and three-bedroom lofts provide 1,200 to more than 2,000 square feet. Many two-bedroom units have two bathrooms, and select three-bedroom models have three.
- Unique Touches - Every unit at KBL Lofts is utterly unique. Exposed brick and original beams from when the building was a factory lend these lofts incredible character and style. Plush wall-to-wall carpeting ensures optimal comfort and provides soundproofing too. Kitchens and bathrooms are decked out with premium ceramic tile flooring.
- Industrial Windows - Let the light flood in with a gorgeous loft apartment at KBL Lofts. All units feature massive industrial windows that let in huge amounts of natural light. This enhances the spacious look and feel of these one-of-a-kind units. At the same time, these massive windows let you enjoy views of Cambridge and the Boston city skyline. When combined with ultra-high ceilings, these windows up the ante in a big way.
Locate a Great New Home at KBL Lofts with Boston City Properties
At a loss about how to proceed when looking for upscale apartment housing in Cambridge? Boston has one of the most competitive and confusing rental markets in the country, so it pays to get the right help. Boston City Properties is prepared to provide it. Our team will help you zero in on units in this wildly popular developments that suit your needs and your budget, so get in touch with us today.
When it comes to luxury apartment living in Cambridge, KBL Lofts is among today’s best and most popular options. If you are looking to rent an apartment in this charming building, however, you should know that competition is often quite fierce. Units hit the market and are leased out again in no time flat in most cases, so it’s crucial to have insider knowledge if you can. Get that and more by connecting with Boston City Properties.
Sign up using the simple form to gain immediate, free, unlimited access to our database of searchable MA real estate listings. In addition to including listings for homes for sale, our database offers up-to-the-second listings for apartments for rent across the city. Once you’ve signed up, you can quickly check current availability for apartments in this building. Later, we’ll connect you with a local agent who can take you to look at apartments here.
Situated in the heart of Cambridge, this building in which this development is housed was built in 1875. At the time, it was home to a biscuit factory; the mill-style building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, so it is steeped in history. A mid-rise building, it stands four stories tall and offers 131 apartment homes ranging from studios to two-bedroom units. With its distinctive architecture and interesting history, this development is a fun and exciting place to live.
People are often initially drawn to this building for its history and architecture. The development itself has a lot to offer in terms of amenities too, although its list isn’t quite as impressive as some higher-end complexes in the area.
Some of the top amenities offered by this development include:
- On-site maintenance and concierge – Unlike some developments, which contract out for maintenance services, this one has them on site. They are not billed as being offered around the clock, but response rates should be good since they are located right in the building. This property also has a concierge on the clock on a part-time basis.
- Fitness center – There are plenty of gyms in Cambridge, but most of them charge exorbitant monthly fees. Save yourself someone money by renting an apartment here because this building includes an on-site fitness center.
- Pets – This development allows residents to have up to two cats. Dogs are not allowed. If you need a place that allows dogs, Boston City Properties can help you identify similar options in the area. Note that there is a pet rent fee of $40 per month.
- Private courtyards – Enjoy some fresh air and scenery without having to step out onto the busy street as a resident of this building, which has a couple of nicely landscaped courtyards. These interior courtyards provide nice views for units that face onto them as well.
- Gated building – Access to this building is controlled by locked gates and by other security features. This means that people must have the proper credentials to gain access to the parts of the buildings where apartments are located. Although this part of the city is generally quite safe, it never hurts to have a little extra security.
- Bike storage – Cycling is one of the best ways to get around the city when the weather is nice. This lovely development offers plenty of on-site bike storage for residents, which alleviates the need to haul bikes up into units. Needless to say, this saves a lot of time and effort. If you are into riding your bike, then, this is a good place to look for a home.
- Storage units – Units in this development are quite spacious, and they tend to offer decent amounts of closet and other storage space. If you need more, however, you can easily and affordably rent some from the development itself. As long as your storage requirements aren’t too extensive, this is a great and convenient way to save money.
Although this development has more than 130 units, it is wildly popular, so they tend to be snapped up quickly. Part of the appeal is the fact that units here are offered as studios as well as one- and two-bedroom apartments. On the smaller end of the scale, studio apartments here offer around 700 square feet of space, which is quite roomy, and they cost around $2,900 per month to rent. On the other end of the scale, two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartments here, which offer 1,050 to 1,500 square feet, currently rent for $3,150 to $3,700 per month.
As the name of this development suggests, apartments here boast trendy loft-style layouts and designs. When the building was being reconfigured for apartments, many of its original features were retained. This is reflected in apartments here, which have loft designs and aesthetics.
Other top features found in this building’s apartments include:
- Huge windows – In keeping with their loft-style designs, apartments in this building are decked out with huge windows. Many of these are true floor-to-ceiling windows, and they afford amazing views of Cambridge and beyond. This also ensures that plenty of sunshine floods in by day, lending these units much larger and more spacious atmospheres.
- In-unit washers and dryers – You don’t have to deal with finding change for doing laundry as a resident of this building because all units include in-suite washers and dryers. Unlike many smaller apartments, these units have enough space to accommodate these machines with room to spare.
- Walk-in closets – Keep your surroundings neat and tidy by making the most of massive walk-in closets, which are featured in all units. While you can certainly reserve your closet for clothes, it can just as easily be used as a storage area, or you could repurpose it in other ways.
- Loft aesthetics – Housed as it is in a converted former biscuit factory, this development stands out for its historic and unique flair. Units in this apartment boast on-trend loft-style designs, and this was helped along during the repurposing of the building. In individual units, you will find soaring ceilings that add extra space. Exposed bricks, beams and other original elements are studded throughout, lending each unit an historic and stylish ambiance.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Cambridge’s apartment rental market is more competitive than ever. The area and its economy continue to flourish, and that means that more people will be looking for places to live. As popular as this development is, snagging an apartment here can be tricky. One way to simplify things is by connecting with Boston City Properties. We maintain a huge, constantly updated database of MA real estate listings, including listings for apartments for rent around the city. Just sign up using the simple form; we will give you free access right away. When you’re ready to tour apartments on your list, we can refer you to an agent who can help. For more information, please call Boston City Properties.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!