Find Vacant Land for Sale in Allston with Boston City Properties
If you’re looking to buy a vacant lot in Boston’s eclectic Allston neighborhood, do yourself a favor and connect with the experts at Boston City Properties. Our team knows this area and its real estate submarkets well and can assist you in identifying the most viable options. As competitive as commercial and residential real estate are in the city, it pays to have the right assistance. With our help, you’ll be able to procure a parcel that makes it easy to achieve your goals.
Click Here to Search
Land for Sale
Rely on the Experts When Seeking Developable Lots in Allston
Needless to say, the vast majority of Allston has been developed through the years. A single parcel may have been developed and redeveloped numerous times in some cases. Acquiring a new lot is virtually impossible, but lots suitable for new development become available all the time. The trick to this is having the right connections, and BCP is here to provide them. We’ll give you access to our continually updated online listings, refer you to experienced local real estate professionals and arm you with the knowledge and insights you need to make effective and strategic decisions.
Since you’re interested in acquiring a vacant or developable lot in Allston, you’re probably already familiar with the area. You may even have zeroed in on a particular neighborhood or district. Primarily covered by the 02134 zip code, Allston has a population of around 30,000 people. It’s often referred to as Allston-Brighton due to its proximity to that sprawling neighborhood. The neighborhood features large expanses of residential properties punctuated by pockets of bustling commercial activity. In recent years, Harvard University has developed much of the area; the school’s athletic facilities and business school are located in Lower Allston.
Districts and Neighborhoods
Like most people seeking vacant land for sale, you probably already have specific plans in mind and goals to achieve. If you want a parcel for future development, it helps to understand where in Allston to look, depending on the type of property you’re envisioning. Large residential areas dominate much of the neighborhood, including numerous apartment buildings along Commonwealth Avenue and wooden triple-deckers closer to Brighton along Brighton Avenue. At Western Avenue and North Harvard Street, Allston Square is a prime commercial zone. Lower Allston features older single-family homes and multifamily homes and enjoys proximity to Route 2, Storrow Drive and the Massachusetts Turnpike. Allston Village is likened to Greenwich Village in NYC.
Commercial Real Estate
Although Allston is best known for its large student population – Boston University and Harvard University are nearby – the neighborhood has a robust commercial real estate market too. As of the fourth quarter of 2021, Allston-Brighton was home to 22 office buildings offering more than 1.9 million square feet of space. This space is in high demand, and the vacancy rate is just below 3 percent. The area has also been capitalizing on the region’s ongoing life science boom and now includes eight lab buildings offering 2.8 million square feet of space.
Tips for Buying Land
When seeking vacant lots for sale in a competitive market like Allston’s, it helps to keep a few things in mind. Some issues to consider when looking for developable parcels in the area include the following:
- Have a goal in mind for the property. Will you just buy and flip? Perhaps you’d like to purchase, subdivide and resell? More than likely, you’ll want to develop something on the property.
- Know your ideal market. What kind of neighborhood is most conducive to your plans?
- Understand permit requirements. All too often, buyers rush forward with investing in vacant parcels before investigating permitting issues involving things like zoning, sewer service, environmental protections and historic district regulations.
- Investigate the property before proceeding. Confirm that the plat map shows the right kind of property for your endeavors. Always have thorough inspections performed and property records pulled. Be on the lookout for liens and other potential problems.
- Learn about historical trends in the area concerning real estate development. What seems to be working? What doesn’t? You’ll avoid many potential headaches this way.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
There’s a lot of potential to be found across vacant parcels that hit the market from time to time in the area. However, competition is fierce for the most promising lots, so it pays to have the right help. Boston City Properties is here to provide it. A few of the things that we can do for you include:
- Access to Real Estate Listings – BCP will give you free, immediate access to our vast online database of searchable Greater Boston real estate listings. Our powerful search tool makes it a breeze to zero in on promising options. More importantly, our team has access to exciting off-market listings that can give you a terrific edge over the competition.
- Experienced Real Estate Professionals – Our team has connections with numerous experienced and talented Allston real estate professionals, and we will refer you to the appropriate ones whenever you’re ready.
- Insider Knowledge – When you connect with BCP to find vacant properties for sale in Allston, you gain access to a wealth of insider knowledge that’s sure to improve your odds of success. We know Allston and its various real estate submarkets well, and our insights can help you make more informed and strategic decisions.
Connect with BCP Today to Find Vacant Parcels for Sale
Given how extensively most properties in the neighborhood have been developed through the years, it’s easy to assume that you’re out of luck when seeking developable real estate in the area. However, opportunities arise all the time. By connecting with Boston City Properties, you can tap into a broad array of resources and assistance that bolster your chances of success. We understand the intricacies of buying vacant parcels and developing them in the most economically feasible ways, and our insights are sure to make a big difference for you. Contact us today for more information.
Click Here to Search
Land for Sale