660 Washington Street Apartments
660 Washington St.
If you’re shopping around for a luxury apartment in Boston’s trendy Chinatown neighborhood, 660 Washington Street Apartments is worth a look. This massive luxury apartment development offers a wide array of floorplans, layouts and other options, which makes it easier to find something that really works for you. Still, as competitive as the local real estate market here is, securing a suitable unit is easier said than done—and going it alone is a recipe for disaster. Find what you need more quickly and easily by signing up with Boston City Properties, your trusted source for up-to-the-second Boston apartment and real estate information.
Although this development houses more than 400 luxury apartments, vacancies don’t tend to last long. It’s crucial, therefore, to have access to timely and accurate information. When you sign up with Boston City Properties, you get that and much more. Complete and submit the easy form for immediate, free, unlimited access to our vast online database of searchable MA real estate listings. It includes listings for apartments that are available for rent in this neighborhood and throughout the city. If any units are currently available in this building, they will appear in the listings.
Boston City Properties’ listings are enhanced by a powerful search tool. Access to this search feature is included when you sign up with us, so you can start using it immediately. Find out what is currently available in Chinatown by selecting that neighborhood from the list of locations. Note that you can select more than one Boston neighborhood to broaden your search. There are also filters for things like total beds and baths and price, so you can refine your results even more. In the end, you will get listings for apartments that meet your basic requirements—and your search will be well underway.
660 Washington Street Apartments: The Basics
What can you expect from this popular Chinatown luxury apartment development? Built in 2007, it is still new enough to be in pristine shape, and it was designed with modern, discerning city dwellers in mind. Apartments rent out at prevailing market rates, so expect to pay top dollar to snag a home here. The building stands 28 stories tall and houses 420 luxury units, so great views are available from many apartments. The sheer size of this development means that there are typically at least a few vacancies at any given time. The question, however, is whether any of the offerings suit your requirements.
When stacked up against similar luxury developments in this neighborhood, this building distinguishes itself in many ways. For one thing, it is among the best-known developments of its kind in Chinatown. The address comes with a good amount of prestige, and it feels good to be able to call a high-end place like this home. Thanks to its convenient location in the heart of downtown Boston, it is perfect for professionals who work in the city, for people who want to be near the heart of the action or for those who just crave big-city living.
Given the steep price that goes along with securing a place here, it comes as no surprise that this building meets and exceeds most apartment hunters’ expectations in terms of community amenities and features. Indeed, a quick glance at the list of available amenities reveals that this building includes some of the most sought-after features in the city; this says a lot in such a competitive market. Although rent prices are high, the building has no trouble staying nearly completely occupied most of the time. That has a lot to do with the amenities, and some of the most notable ones include:
- Pets allowed – If one thing’s for sure, it’s that Bostonians love their pets. It seems like people are more likely to own at least one cat or dog than to have no pets at all. This is reflected by the fact that most apartment developments welcome pets with open arms—without doing so, they would miss out on many potential tenants. This building is no exception as cats and dogs are equally welcome. Pet rent applies and is tacked on to the regular monthly rent. Note that there is also a three-pet maximum.
- Flexible parking options – Parking spaces aren’t usually included with the rent in huge luxury apartment developments like this one. That’s especially true in ultra-dense places like Chinatown, where finding a parking space is a miracle in and of itself. However, if you own a car, covered, assigned parking spaces are available for a separate monthly fee. This fee is far more competitive than what you would pay in most other downtown garages, so you aren’t entirely out of luck. If you only need to use a car occasionally, you’ll be pleased to know that Zipcars are available on the premises.
- Massage room – In such a competitive luxury apartment rental market, it’s pretty difficult for developments to distinguish themselves. Most of them include the same general array of amenities and features. Therefore, the massage room that is located in this building is a definite standout. As nice as it would be, it isn’t staffed by an around-the-clock masseuse. However, it provides a peaceful and convenient place for residents who hire in massage services from elsewhere in the neighborhood. It is also just a serene place to soak up a little peace and quiet.
- Fitness center – Sure, every popular luxury development in downtown Boston has some sort of fitness center. Oftentimes, the quality and extent of these facilities are largely overstated. Happily, that’s not the case with the fitness center in this particular development. It is much larger than most of the fitness centers and gyms that you’ll find in similar luxury buildings, and it is open 24 hours a day. Whether you want to work out before work, after work or in the dead of the night, you have options. As an added bonus, the premises also include a heated indoor pool that is also available on a 24/7 basis.
- Clubhouse – As you will see, units in this building offer generous amounts of space. Even so, they aren’t really large enough to comfortably accommodate larger groups of people. Luckily, you don’t have to resort to finding a venue for get-togethers. This building has a spacious clubhouse that is loaded with entertainment features and more. Comfortable seating makes it easy to kick back, relax and hang out with friends. It’s also where residents tend to congregate and mingle, so if you are looking to socialize, you can do so by just heading down to the clubhouse.
- 24-hour staff – One major drawback of many luxury apartment buildings in Boston is that they are only staffed during regular business hours. If something goes wrong while the staff is off the clock, getting help can be difficult. This isn’t an issue at all in this building because it’s manned by a 24-hour concierge. This concierge can assist you with a number of things, including issues concerning your apartment. They are also typically there to assist with things like transportation, babysitting and other services. The front door is also manned by an around-the-clock doorman, and this adds another layer of security.
- Controlled access – Having an around-the-clock doorman drastically enhances the overall security of this popular downtown Boston apartment building. However, the security features don’t end there. The premises are kept secure by a high-tech controlled-access system, so only residents can get back to where the apartment homes are located. High-tech intercoms make it easy to confirm the identity of visitors, and all apartments feature top-quality deadbolts and other security features. Online reviews overwhelmingly confirm that residents here generally feel safe and secure, and that’s a big deal in a densely populated environment like this.
- On-site restaurant – Located as it is in the heart of Chinatown, this building is within easy walking distance of some of the best restaurants in the city. For times when you want to dine out without actually going out, this building’s on-site restaurant is a welcome convenience. It also serves as a great spot for meeting up with friends and other visitors without having to invite them up to your apartment. After a long day of work, you can even call ahead to order a meal so that it’s ready for you to pick up when you get back to the building.
If the amenities tick most of your boxes, you’re off to a promising start. Still, the real question is whether or not this building has apartments that suit your needs and budget. With everything from studios to three-bedroom, three-bathroom units available, the offerings are pretty eclectic. Still, as mentioned before, rent prices tend to veer toward the more expensive end of the spectrum, so you aren’t going to find anything approaching “cheap” in this development.
With that being said, apartments here offer generous amounts of space. Studio apartments, for example, offer around 550 square feet. Monthly rent currently averages between $2,700 and $3,100. One-bedroom, one-bathroom units, meanwhile, offer around 850 to 1,100 square feet of space. Expect to pay anywhere from $2,700 to $3,800 per month to rent one. Two-bedroom units, which have two bathrooms, offer between 1,050 and 1,150 square feet. Rent for these units averages around $4,200 to $4,900 per month. Finally, a limited number of sprawling three-bedroom, three-bathroom units is available. These units, which are typically penthouse apartments, offer an incredibly spacious 1,550 square feet of space, and monthly rent averages around $6,500. Those units also tend to offer some of the best views.
If it looks like apartments here offer the kind of space that you need and tend to suit your budget, you may be ready to search Boston City Properties’ listings to see what’s available. Before doing that, though, familiarize yourself with the most common features of these apartments. Keep in mind that while most of the following features are found in these units, you must read individual listings to confirm the specifics. At any rate, here are some of the most common and popular features of the luxury units in this building:
- Walk-in closets – These units already offer considerable amounts of space, so there’s ample room for all kinds of stuff. Fortunately, apartments in this building also have massive walk-in closets that can be used for convenient on-site storage. Thanks to this, it is a lot easier to keep these roomy apartment neat and tidy. Smaller apartments have at least one walk-in closet, and larger ones often have two or more. If you still need more storage space, the concierge can help you to identify a suitable solution. For example, numerous storage facilities can be found around the neighborhood, so you aren’t out of luck.
- In-unit washer and dryer – There’s no need to keep quarters handy when living in this Chinatown luxury apartment building as all units include full-size washers and dryers. This particular amenity is becoming pretty ubiquitous among Boston luxury developments, but it is still notable because it adds so much convenience. You will appreciate being able to stay on top of the laundry situation without having to leave the building or haul your stuff down to a laundry room with expensive machines. It’s just one more way in which this development makes life easier for its residents.
- Fireplace – Select units in this building include cozy, gas-powered fireplaces. With the turn of a knob or the flip of a switch, you can get a roaring fire going in no time. This is a nice feature to have during those long, cold, dreary Boston winters, but it’s not available in every unit. Not surprisingly, units with fireplaces tend to be in high demand, so they usually fly off of the market shortly after becoming available. If you have your heart set on securing an apartment with a fireplace in this development, Boston City Properties can refer you to a local real estate expert who can help.
- Gourmet kitchens – Many luxury buildings offer what are described as “gourmet” kitchens, but they aren’t always as exceptional as they sound. Luckily, the kitchens in this building’s apartments are truly top-notch in terms of design and features. Elegant granite countertops and stylish backsplashes produce a clean, modern environment that makes it easy to get down to business. Top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances from some of today’s most respected manufacturers are included, and they are designed with energy efficiency in mind. Whether you cook every night or only occasionally, you will appreciate the thought that went into the design of these kitchens.
- Floor-to-ceiling windows – Since this building stands 28 stories tall, many units on upper floors offer truly magnificent views of Chinatown, the Financial District and other parts of downtown. This feature is enhanced by the massive windows that are included in all units. Whether you end up with an apartment on a low floor or on a higher one, you will appreciate how these floor-to-ceiling windows allow in so much natural light. This adds to the already spacious look and feel of these apartments, and it’s a big selling point for any discerning city dweller.
- Private balconies – In a major departure from many recently built downtown luxury apartment developments, this one offers private balconies in almost all units. Therefore, if renting a place with outdoor space is a big deal to you, this development may be the answer. These balconies provide residents with small but comfortable areas where they can take in phenomenal city views . With fresh air streaming in from the balcony on nice spring or summer days, you will feel like you are living in a much larger place.
- High ceilings – Most apartment hunters don’t give much thought to things like ceilings, but the height of a ceiling has a huge impact on the overall feel of an apartment. Higher ceilings open apartments up even more and make them feel even roomier. Thanks to these high ceilings, apartments in this building can accommodate taller shelving units, which makes it easier to keep everything sorted. On average, ceilings in these apartments stand around 9 feet tall, which is much higher than what you will find in most big-city apartments.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Knowing what you now do about 660 Washington Street Apartments, you’re probably ready to find a suitable apartment there. Before doing anything else, sign up with Boston City Properties. Complete the quick and easy signup form to get started. You will get immediate, free access to our listings and search tool. Click over to the search feature, select Chinatown from the list and adjust filters to suit your preferences. Your results will be limited to listings for units that meet your requirements. If any apartments that meet your criteria are currently available in this building, they will appear in the listings. Once you’ve zeroed in on some options, contact us for a referral to a local real estate expert who can assist you further. For more information, call Boston City Properties.