1008 Massachusetts Avenue
1008 Cambridge, which is officially known as 1008 Mass Ave, is one of the most desirable luxury apartment high-rises in Cambridge. If you are looking for a spacious, upscale apartment in this lovely neighborhood, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better option. Of course, the rental market is highly competitive, so it pays to get the right help. Boston City Properties is here to provide it. We will help you locate the perfect studio, one- or two-bedroom unit at this incredible development.
Because it's located right on Massachusetts Avenue, 1008 Cambridge is close to everything. This seven-floor building features a wide array of lovely apartment homes, and 18 different floor plans are available. Common areas provide plenty of options for mingling, entertaining or just relaxing. Originally called Houghton Place, 1008 Mass Ave is a terrific place to live.
If you've hunted for apartments in Cambridge or Boston before, you know that the best developments offer numerous amenities to entice discerning city dwellers. 1008 Cambridge is no exception, and the development goes out of its way to make residents feel right at home. From a handy on-site fitness center, which is free for residents to use, to a concierge who can help you with all kinds of tasks, 1008 Mass Ave really has it all. A few especially exciting amenities include:
- Seventh Floor Sundeck - In a warmer locale, the lovely sundeck at 1008 Cambridge would be available for use throughout the year. Due to Boston's punishing winters, you will only get to lounge around on the deck part of the year. Take heart, though -- spring, summer and fall are all lovely, and the sundeck lets you make the most of great weather.
- Community Room - If you're the kind of person who likes getting friendly with the neighbors, you're going to love the community room at 1008 Cambridge. The free Wi-Fi is reason enough to occasionally hang out here, but there's also a huge flat-screen TV that's available for all residents to enjoy. You can even request the use of the community room for private gatherings.
- Pet Friendly - Finding a great place to live in Boston when you have pets can be disheartening. Many communities don't allow them at all, and some only allow cats. 1008 Mass Ave welcomes cats and dogs. There are certain restrictions, however, and the team at Boston City Properties can find out the details for you.
Take your pick from nearly 20 different floor plans and layouts at 1008 Cambridge. This seven-floor development has elevators, so you don't have to worry about schlepping your stuff up several flights of stairs. The apartments themselves have airy, open floor plans and a variety of nice perks, including wall-to-wall carpeting and spacious walk-in closets.
A few additional facts to know about the apartments at 1008 Mass Ave include:
- Types - The 18 available floor plans are split up between three different basic options: studios, one-bedroom units and two-bedroom units. Studios average around 500 square feet in space. One-bedroom apartments offer between 600 to 800 square feet. With a two-bedroom apartment, you will enjoy 880 to more than 1,300 square feet of space. Regardless of which one you choose, you will be beyond thrilled with their exceptional quality and incredible roominess.
- Balconies - Select units at 1008 Cambridge have their own private balconies. Not surprisingly, they tend to be the most popular apartment homes in this building, so you need to act quickly when one becomes available. In an urban apartment building like 1008 Mass Ave, it's nice to have a quick, easy way to get fresh air. The team at Boston City Properties can help you get an apartment with a balcony that offers amazing views of Cambridge and Boston.
- Gourmet Kitchens - Although features vary by unit, many apartment homes at 1008 Cambridge have gourmet kitchens with all of the latest features. Many have granite counters and tile backsplashes, for instance. High-end stainless steel appliances are featured in many units too. Eye-catching cabinets with glass doors lend these kitchens a thoroughly modern look.
Track Down the Perfect Cambridge Apartment at 1008 Cambridge with Boston City Properties
Sorting through all of the available luxury apartment options in a popular place like Cambridge can be pretty daunting. Do yourself a favor and let Boston City Properties lend a hand. With our help, you will quickly pinpoint an apartment at 1008 Mass Ave that has the amenities and features you want for a price that suits your budget to a T. Contact us today to get started.
Located just steps away from the city’s top schools, including Harvard and MIT, this established luxury building offers comfortable and modern living in a perfect setting. Within walking distance to eateries, cafes, coffee shops, and some of the top retailers in Cambridge, it’s possible to even live here without a car. There are also multiple types of public transit that are within several blocks, which means that getting to work in Boston or getting to school on time is never a problem. Like many apartments around the city, people choosing to live here will find a combination of one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments.
Homes at this premier establishment are advertised as offering residents the chance to enjoy chic and carefree living. There are just about 20 different units that people can choose from, and they come in different sizes and layouts. Regardless of what floor they choose to live on or what apartment they decide to call home, residents can expect to have a number of desirable community amenities at their disposal. Everyone living here can take advantage of the friendly and attentive concierge service, which is on hand to help out with daily tasks like running errands, picking up dry cleaning, receiving packages, and more. An onsite professional management staff is available to answer questions and there is also a 24/7 maintenance team that takes care of apartment emergencies. A fully equipped gym, complete with weight stations and many types of cardio machines, is available to help residents get or stay in shape. There is also a lovely sundeck on the seventh floor, which is a particularly welcome addition to the building in the summertime, when people want a chance to get outside and get into the sun. There is also an indoor community center where people can meet up to eat, watch television, share a cup of coffee and more. There is also internet access in the community center and a large flatscreen television, which makes it a popular destination for people who want to watch big season games. Residents who do choose to bring their vehicles can park them in the onsite garage, which guarantees each resident a spot with assigned parking spaces. The building is pet friendly, but there may be some restrictions based on size and breed. The front entrance of the building is secured with controlled access, and additional storage units are available for residents needing more storage space beyond what their individual apartments offer. Each floor has a set of washing machines and dryers so that residents can easily do their laundry.
In addition to the numerous community benefits, there are many marvelous features people will find in their new homes. There are also some additional high-end features that people can add on for an extra fee. In each apartment, people will get wall-to-wall carpeting and a choice to add accent wall paint colors. Select units have hardwood floors, and some have fully equipped kitchens that are outfitted with brand-name stainless steel appliances. Some units have spacious walk-in closets too. Fireplaces are found in select apartments, and some also have their own private balconies.
Residents here have a choice of a one-bedroom, two-bedroom, or studio apartment. There are several models available for each type of room, and they are situated on different floors of the seven-story apartment building. A studio apartment offers a living space of just under 500 SF. For this type of apartment, the floor plan features plenty of functional living space. The primary open room in this unit is 14’3” x 17’3.” A versatile design and colors make this room capable of becoming whatever residents want it to be to feel most comfortable in their new homes. The versatile layout of the room gives people the opportunity to use it for sleeping, recreation, play, and more. Alongside one of the long walls is a kitchen that is sized 8’ x 10’6.” The kitchen has counter space and appliances, and it is outfitted to complete basic cooking and cleaning needs. While there is carpeting in the main room, the area around the kitchen is covered with tile flooring, which helps keep the area clean. There is a deep walk-in closet by the foyer for storing items, and there is a pleasant bathroom at the end of the hall.
Among the largest one-bedroom units offered here are the ones with 1.5 bathrooms. One such apartment is an 834 SF unit on the first floor. This apartment has an expansive 23’9” x 16” living room, which has a refreshingly open center and deep corners that make it capable of holding furniture of all shapes, styles, and sizes. Windows around the walls look out to the surrounding cityscape, and help to enhance the room’s size. There is space to put a lounging and entertainment area, as well as a table for dining. Next door to the living room is a private bedroom with its own bathroom. Sunlight reaches all corners of the bedroom through large windows, which makes it appear cheerful, sunny, and bright. The bedroom has a final dimension of 12’9” x 16.” Attached to the dining room and living room is a fully outfitted kitchen that spans 8’ x 8.’ A second bathroom, complete with a soaking tub and shower, is right next door to the kitchen. A closet is off to the side of the foyer for convenience.
Like the studios and one-bedroom apartments, the two-bedroom apartments are found across all floors. With sizes of 1,200 SF and more, they offer even more living space and sleeping areas. Two spacious bedrooms are hallmarks of these generously sized apartments, which can be customized with wooden floors for those who don’t want full carpeting. They also come with an expansive living room, a side dining area, and a functional chef’s kitchen.
Fill in the information above to view up-to-the-minute availability, including photos, floorplans, virtual tour, and more!
Our website provides FREE access to the largest real estate database in the Boston area! This database includes not only our listings, but literally ALL of the largest real estate brokerages in the Boston area post listings to the system as well!